Cape South sits within an ancient landscape, held sacred in the Maori tradition – a place to breathe and heal. By combining specialised care, detailed diagnosis and tailored therapy you will be able to understand and embrace your healing journey to wellness on all levels of your being; physical, mental, emotional and spiritual.
Realign your body, mind and spirit while you reconnect with nature. Cape South’s complimentary approach utilizes mainstream and traditional medicine, integrating ancient-wisdom with the latest scientific and contemporary healthcare developments.
The herbalists harvest direct from the onsite medicinal herb garden and apothecary to provide bespoke teas, tinctures and flower essences for your wellbeing. Cape South’s established organic edible garden and newly developed orchard aim to nourish your body and nurture your soul with delicious plant based meals.
‘Lose yourself to find yourself’ is the invitation extended to guests at Cape South. Surrounded by the stunning natural beauty of Cape Kidnappers, this is the perfect retreat from the pressures of modern living – a sanctuary to relax, learn and heal in.
With a maximim of 10 guests at a time, Cape South promises personalised attention in a quiet, intimate setting.
Through receiving professional support and empathy, and by encouraging your body’s natural healing ability with living foods and nurturing environment, your visit will be of tangible value, and possibly life changing.
«Cathy, Blair and the team making the stay a memorable experience.»
- Colonial homestead
- 5 double bedrooms with veranda and garden or sea view
- Conference room for up to 12 delegates
SPA & THERAPIES
- Boutique gym – cardio and weights
- Heated (outdoor) mineral salt swimming pool
- Far infrared sauna with chromotherapy
- Spa pool
- Yoga studio
- Apothecary – dispensing herbal teas, medicines, creams and ointments
- Private consulting room
- Massage: Fully body therapeutic*, Swedish, trigger point, aromatherapy*, Lithos hot stone*, lymphatic drainage
- Body treatments: Accupuncture, craniosacral, detox body scrub and wrap**, reflexology*, reiki
- Healing therapies: Colon hydrotherapy, colour therapy**, Emotional Freedom Technique, energy healing*, phyto essences, Tibetan singing bowl meditation, sound healing, transformational breathing
- Naturopathic / herbal medical consultation – includes detailed health assessment*
- Health assessments and consultations: Herbal medicine, homeopathy, iridology, kinesiology, nutritional therapy and programming
- Life and wellness coaching
- Personalised yoga class with guided meditation**
* Available on the Day Clinic menu. ** Subject to availability.
- Plant-based cuisine using fresh, organic produce from the retreat’s own medicinal and culinary herb gardens
Organic edible garden with extensive vegetable, berry, citrus and fruit orchards onsite
- Eating plan is designed to cleanse the system through detoxification, allowing the body to recover from the demands of modern living
Balanced, hydrating diet
- Yoga and meditation
- Beach and nature walks
- Trout fishing
- Cycling and mountain biking
- Rafting and kayaking
- Horse riding
- Bird sanctuary and gannet colony
- Maori heritage tours
Located on a secluded 16-acre property surrounded by sandy beaches and native bushlands at Cape Kidnappers, Hawkes Bay on New Zealand’s North Island.
How to get there
- By car
Approx. 6 hours drive from Auckland (via State Highways 1, 5 and 2)
Approx. 4 hours from Wellington (via State Highway 2)
- By plane
Air New Zealand and Jetstar operate several scheduled flights daily to Napier (Hawke’s Bay) from Auckland (55 minutes) and from Wellington (50 minutes).
Charter jets and propeller planes can also be arranged.
Private transfers for the 40-minute drive from Napier Airport to Cape South can be organized.
- By helicopter
Approx. 1 hour 45 minutes from Auckland and 1 hour 20 minutes from Wellington to Cape South. Helicopter transfers from Napier Airport can also be arranged by Cape South.
55 Waipuka Road, RD12 Havelock North.