Coming home to who you really are: a Zen lifestyle and the beauty of nature support your inner and outer journey to a perfect state.
Letting go of all you do not need, clearing your mind, finding back to positive thoughts or finally reaching the inner calm and balance to grab a book or to take a walk and enjoy the silence.
Needless to say, that you will be spoilt with the finest, healthy food and have plenty of time to practice yoga and destress. Simply put: you will have the time and space to take care of what’s most important: you.
L’Hotel du Lac welcomes you with simple, modern architecture, a breathtaking natural environment (cherry blossoms in spring, luscious nature around Lake Biwa in summer, mystic reddish-golden leaves in autumn and snow in winter), tranquility, yoga, a healthy cuisine and – of course – the unique Japanese hospitality. It’s an exceptional place to unwind that aims to bring back balance into your life through the art of Zen.
“Zazen is not about trying to turn off the thoughts that permanently run through our head – mostly unconsciously. It’s rather about bringing awareness to them, watching them, and letting them pass like the clouds in the sky, by not identifying with them.” Yüan-wu, Zen Buddhism master of the 11th century about Zazen, the sitting meditation technique of Zen Buddhism for an emotional balance
«The picturesque lake and the beautiful tranquil landscape that are coupled with Zen-based healing programs.»
- 6 rooms
- 9 villas
- Open spaces
SPA AND THERAPIES
- Aromatherapy, massages, shiatsu, Zenna healing (combination of spiritual healing and emotional release to cure or relieve physical or mental issues)
- Products by YON-KA, made of 100% carefully selected, natural ingredients
- Local produce
Tennis, cycling, library, fishing, jogging, yoga, Zazen, hiking, kayaking, skiing, swimming
Mountains, Lake Biwa, 13 hectare estate amidst of nature
How to get there
- By Plane:
- Osaka-Kansai-International: 3,5 hours
- Chubu-Centrair-International: 2,5 hours
- By Train/ Car:
- From Kyoto: 1 hour by local train
- From Tokyo: 3 hours by express train or car
- From Osaka: 1,5 hours by express train or car
- From Kanazawa: 2 hours by local train
L’Hotel du Lac
2064 Oura Nishiazai-Cho