The indigenous people have lived here for thousands of years… a life of peace and connectedness with the wonders of Tasmania.
Whales slowly pass by, dolphins joyfully play around – nature is what makes this place so distinctively healing.
Your unique experience in a nutshell: internal and external wellbeing, tailor-made programs, local culinary delights, ancient landscapes and an abundant wildlife.
“We want our guests to have the ultimate experience, tailored specifically to what they would like to take home from their holiday,” says Saffire General Manager Justin King. “From the point of booking we will be liaising with each guest to ensure we meet their every need.” Your ultimate experience of luxury starts at Hobart Airport: you will be met as you disembark your flight and be guided to the Saffire Airport Lounge where refreshments and the opportunity of a relaxing shower await you. Once you set foot in the architechturally extraordinary property you will be surrounded by timber, stone and leather, bringing the beauty and depth of nature right into your suite. A range of activities caters for every mood, no matter whether you fancy adventure, romance, rejuvenation or exploration.
«"I was walking down the white sandy beach, feeling the warm earth under my bare feet. As the waves of the ocean crashed into the shore, I literally felt my breath flowing in and out of my body in the same rhythm as the huge water of the Tasman Sea was moving.” »
- 20 luxurious suites (Luxury/Signature)
- Signature suites feature bathroom overlooking Great Oyster Bay
SPA & THERAPIES
- You will get a personal consultation to discuss and select a program of treatments and therapies to perfectly reflect your personal needs and preferences, then booking in your program and preparing the spa for your arrival.
- La Prairie – a luxury Swiss beauty brand featuring powerful, anti-aging products
- LaGaia – Australian-made, natural Naturaceuticals range, suitable for all skin types
- Anti-stress, body masks, body cocoons, body scrubs, facials, graceful aging, hot stone, light-therapy, massages, steam room, waxing
- Fresh, local fish, oysters, mussels
- Local, grass-fed beef and lamb
- Generally home-grown (Tasmanian) produce
- Different outdoor experiences:
- Wine and vine adventures
- Tasmanian Devil Experience
- Freycinet Marine Oyster Farm
- Wineglass Bay lookout walk
- Shorter walks of Freycinet
- Connectin to country walk
- Pelican Bay canoeing and bird watching
- Archery, beach games, board games, cooking demonstrations, fishing, golfing, hammocks, hiking, jogging, kayaking, kids activities, kite flying, mountain biking, snorkeling, swimming
Fully protected national park, based on the East Coast of Tasmania, overlooking Great Oyster Bay
How to get there
- By car:
- a 10 minute drive from the holiday town of Coles Bay
- 2.5 hour drive (195km) from Hobart
- 2 hour drive from Launceston
- “The Spirit of Tasmania” sails daily between Melbourne and Devonport, allowing you to bring your own vehicle
- By plane:
- 110 minute flight from Sydney
- 60 minute flight from Melbourne
Saffire offers chaffeured limousine service from Hobart or LauncestonSaffire Freycinet Retreat
2352 Coles Bay Road
Coles Bay TAS 7215