• Complimentary guided hike
Located on the high plateau of the Thiersee Valley, Ayurveda Resort Sonnhof’s pioneering European Ayurveda® approach to healing combines the ancient system of Ayurveda with the latest western medical research.
With ‘Tirol meets India’ as its motto, Ayurveda Resort Sonnhof gently integrates Ayurvedic philosophy with a European sensibility.
Based on the three pillars of diagnosis and treatment, Ayurvedic nutrition, and Yoga and spirituality; Ayurveda Resort Sonnhof’s range of treatments include detoxification and rejuvenation programs, Panchakarma, and special Ayurveda Plus treatments for weight reduction, metabolic disorders and to boost the immune system.
Set in the picturesque Tyrolean Mountains with dramatic views of the ‘Wilder Kaiser’ and surrounding mountains, Ayurveda Resort Sonnhof’s stunning location supports the Ayurvedic path for improving energy levels and inner strength.
Whether relaxing on the sun terrace or taking in the crisp Alpine air on a guided Nordic walking tour, the beauty of the natural surrounds helps you on your journey back to wellness and personal regeneration.
And with an individual treatment plan complemented by organic, locally sourced produce you’ll leave feeling better connected to yourself and the world around you.
«Complete dedication to authentic Ayurveda in the mountains of Tyrol.»
- 4-star accommodation with 30 rooms and suites
SPA & THERAPIES
The resort boasts an indoor swimming pool with wonderful panoramas over the surrounding mountains, three themed saunas (a colour healing therapy sauna ‘Kapha’, a herbal clay sauna ‘Pita’ and a salt crystal sauna ‘Vata’), fitness and relaxation rooms, a Finnish Sauna, a cleansing bath, an eucalyptus steam bath and the Ayurveda Lounge.
- Ayurvedic treatments: full menu of Ayurvedic massages, pulse diagnosis
- Panchakarma detoxification and rejuvenation programmes
- Classic massages and treatments: accupressure, sports massage, anti-stress, Chinese reflexology, lymphatic drainage, trigger point therapy, singing bowl massage, ear candle treatment
- Ayurvedic beauty treatments using THALGO products, manicure and pedicure
- Programs for: relaxation and restoration, detox and weight loss, metabolic disorders, immune system boost
- Tailor-made Ayurvedic diets to suit your ‘dosha’ (constitutional type)
- Locally-grown, seasonal and organic Austrian produce.
- Spirit Yoga© classes as developed by Lisa Mauracher and taught by in-house Yoga experts
- Guided Nordic walking tours
- Calendar of specialist Yoga weeks with guest teachers
- Calendar of cultural events at the nearby Tyrolean town of Kufstein
Special Healing Programm
The aim of this 1-week program is to slow down, stop or even reverse signs of premature ageing. This tailormade, health-enhancing programme improves the immune system, strengthens nerves and physique and aids the digestive system. Carefully selected oils promote a clear complexion and soft, smooth skin. This is a deep treatment that warms the entire body and stimulates the elimination of waste products.
- 7 nights
- Consultation & pulse diagnosis with Ayurveda specialist Christina Mauracher
- 2 Abhyanga – Ayurvedic full body oil massages
- Udanavata© – special abdominal massage
- Mukabhyanga – Ayurvedic head, face and foot massage
- Padabhyanga – Ayurvedic foot massage
- Shirodhara flowing oil treatment
- Prista – back treatment
- Udvartana – herbal powder massage
- Weekly programme of yoga & meditation
- Use of the Ayurveda Centre
EUR 795.- program only
Situated on a plateau high above the Thiersee Valley in the Tyrolean Alps.
How to get there
- 1 hour from Innsbruck and Salzburg Airports
- 1,5 hours from Munich Airport
6335 Thiersee, Tyrol