Located on the high plateau of the Thiersee Valley, Ayurveda Resort Sonnhof’s pioneering European Ayurveda® approach to healing combines the ancient system of Ayurveda with the latest western medical research.
Based on the three pillars of diagnosis and treatment, Ayurvedic nutrition, and Yoga and spirituality; Ayurveda Resort Sonnhof’s range of treatments include detoxification and rejuvenation programs, Panchakarma, and special Ayurveda Plus treatments for weight reduction, metabolic disorders and to boost the immune system.
„With ‘Tirol meets India’ as its motto, Ayurveda Resort Sonnhof gently integrates Ayurvedic philosophy with a European sensibility.“
- Adults Only
Set in the picturesque Tyrolean Mountains with dramatic views of the ‘Wilder Kaiser’ and surrounding mountains, Ayurveda Resort Sonnhof’s stunning location supports the Ayurvedic path for improving energy levels and inner strength.
Whether relaxing on the sun terrace or taking in the crisp Alpine air on a guided Nordic walking tour, the beauty of the natural surrounds helps you on your journey back to wellbeing and personal regeneration.
And with an individual treatment plan complemented by organic, locally sourced produce you’ll leave feeling better connected to yourself and the world around you.
Features & Benefits
- 4-star accommodation with 30 rooms and suites
- 8 different types of rooms & suites
- All rooms are Wi-Fi free
- Sonnhof Signature Cuisine full board is always included (Ayurvedic breakfast buffet, lunchtime Pitta buffet, afternoon Vata snack with tea ceremony and fruit, and dinner)
- Tailor-made Ayurvedic diets to suit your ‘dosha’ (constitutional type)
- Own culinary brand as European Ayurvedic cuisine (based on Indian healing principles adjusted to favor Western taste buds)
- Locally-grown, seasonal and organic Austrian produce
Healing Programs & Retreats
- Spirit Yoga© classes as developed by Lisa Mauracher and taught by in-house Yoga experts
- Guided Nordic walking tours
- Calendar of specialist Yoga weeks with guest teachers
- Calendar of cultural events at the nearby Tyrolean town of Kufstein
Healing & Spa
- Indoor swimming pool with wonderful panoramas over the surrounding mountains,
- Three themed saunas (a color healing therapy sauna ‘Kapha’, a herbal clay sauna ‘Pita’ and a salt crystal sauna ‘Vata’) & Finish sauna
- Fitness and relaxation rooms & Ayurveda Lounge
- Cleansing bath & eucalyptus steam bath
Healing Therapies & Treatments
- Ayurvedic treatments (variety of Ayurvedic massages/pulse diagnosis)
- Panchakarma detoxification and rejuvenation treatments
- Classic massages and treatments (acupressure/sports massage/anti-stress/Chinese reflexology/lymphatic drainage/trigger point therapy/singing bowl massage/ear candle treatment)
- Ayurvedic beauty treatments using THALGO products, manicure and pedicure
Dr. Elisabeth Ixmeier
Founder & CCO
We love the complete dedication to authentic Ayurveda in the mountains of Tyrol.
Situated on a plateau high above the Thiersee Valley in the Tyrolean Alps.
Innsbruck: 1 hour
Salzburg: 1 hour
Munich: 1,5 hours
Request now without obligation.
Your booking request is non-binding and your data will be safe with us.
Booking Request: Ayurveda Resort Sonnhof
per Night / per Room
Similar hotels that you might like:
Mayada Healing Hotel is a resort and spa that supports inner and outer beauty, health and wellbeing.
Housed in a maharadja palace in northern India, Ananda in the Himalayas offers a healing approach that combines Yoga, Ayurveda and Vedanta.
Ayurveda is in the name because it inspires everything they do, from the surroundings to the food to the treatments.
Located amid the tropical coastline of Koh Samui, Kamalaya is a spiritual retreat with programs for emotional balance, fitness and more.
A medical healing resort immersed in tropical nature, The Farm at San Benito specializes in combating modern lifestyle diseases and stress.
Embracing the ancient culture of Greece, Euphoria Retreat’s approach to healing is based on Hippocratic medicine, TCM and modern science.