per day for a minimum of three days
inclusive of wellness programme and wellness cuisine
Ayus Wellness at Mulu Marriott is built in the heart of the Borneo rainforest, but what makes it truly special is the way it places the forest at the heart of all that it offers. Ayus Wellness specializes in immersive forest wellbeing experiences:
Try rainforest, canopy and ancient cave walks; indigenous rainforest medicine tours; yoga, meditation and mindfulness; relaxing massages; and a sleep enhancement program.
Their wellbeing and beauty program draws on both science and indigenous knowledge to create a unique experience that is deeply rooted in this magnificent wild and ancient environment.
Ayus Wellness at Mulu Marriott is located just five minutes from Gunung Mulu National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage site, home to a 60 million year old primeval rainforest, Asia’s longest cave complex, and pools fed by the mineralized waters that flow through the caves.
With architecture inspired by traditional Borneo longhouses, the resort is elevated on wooden walkways, and seems to float within the rainforest, rather than trying to keep it at bay. The mostly vegan restaurant has both indoor and outdoor dining options, encouraging you to commune with nature and enjoy the beautiful surroundings.
As you’d expect from a Marriott, the traditional longhouse touches are balanced by modern, luxurious rooms with supremely comfortable beds, elegant bathrooms, and private balconies. And if you get tired of exploring the rainforest there’s a central pool where you can swim, relax, and enjoy poolside dining.
- 93 Premier Rooms
- 8 Suites, including 1 Presidential Suite
SPA & THERAPIES
- 4 treatment rooms
- Gym with Life Fitness equipment
- Steam shower cubicle in each treatment room
- De-stress, Healthy aging, Indigenous techniques, Meditation, Sleep medicine, Yoga, Forest immersion, Indigenous deep tissue massage
- One restaurant, offering indoor and poolside dining
- Ayus Wellness cuisine is almost entirely vegan, with one or two vegetarian dishes
- Local Sarawakian produce is sourced from nearby fresh markets, local farms and smallholdings. All the rice used at the resort is grown nearby in the Bario region
- Boating to deep forest destinations, Climbing, Hiking, Cave exploration, Rainforest canopy walks, Swimming in Clearwater Pool
Ayus Wellness is located in Sarawak, Borneo, Malaysia, adjoining the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Gunung Mulu National Park.
How to get there
- Nearest airport: Mulu airport (less than 3 km from the resort, a 6 minute drive)
- Daily flights to Mulu from Kota Kinabalu in Sabah, and Miri and Kuching in Sarawak
12 Pekan Mulu, Sarawak, Borneo,