• One voucher for a special treatment (to choose by yourself)
• 3 First-Time-Vouchers for nutrition, personal training and personal coaching
Guided by the conviction that, “when the body fasts, the soul goes hungry,” Dr Otto Buchinger, a German doctor and philosopher, believed that the spontaneous desire for introspection and inner contemplation brought about by fasting is a means to healing – physically, spiritually and emotionally.
Therapeutic fasting involves voluntarily giving up solid food for a prescibed period of time. It helps to strengthen your immune system, activate your self-healing powers, treat a wide range of chronic illnesses and increase your general vitality and wellbeing.
Buchinger Wilhelmi provides you with a caring environment to walk that path under medical supervision. The clinic combines the best of Western medicine, ancient Far Eastern naturopathic knowledge and scientific progress with alternative therapies – an integrative approach which is nourishment for the body, spirit and soul. With several fasting programs to choose from and a wide range of therapies you’ll be supported by an expert team of holistic medical staff and practitioners. Enhanced by the natural healing powers of the surrounding Lake Constance region, this is a life-changing experience.
Buchinger Wilhelmi is a clinic, but it is far from the cliched idea of a sterile medical facility. It is close to nature, spacious and inspiring – a third-generation family business with all the warmth and personal care that comes with it. The architechture is individually designed, all accommodation features its own artistic concept, welcoming you with sunny balconies and views of Lake Constance and the Flower Island of Mainau.
A day at Buchinger Wilhelmi is based on what we need for a balanced, fulfilled and healthy life – exercise and rest, hunger and nourishment, inspiration and relaxation, time on your own balanced by the company of others. Specialists from diverse areas like medicine, physiotherapy, psychotherapy, nutrition, sport and nursing guide you through a holistic program. From morning health checks to evening music concerts, strolls through gardens that blossom year-round and a daily program of activities that includes everything from yoga and Pilates, to guided exercise and meditation classes, art, music, literature, coaching and accompanying forms of psychotherapy – every day is designed to create a sense of harmony within and with the surrounding world.
«Lake Constance is said to have strong healing powers and you can actually feel them when you hang out in the relaxing pool area after a mornings Qi Gong session. »
- 6 villas, 100 single and 50 double rooms with view of Lake Constance and the Flower Island of Mainau.
- Accommodation in six individually designed residences
SPA & THERAPIES
Massage rooms, gymnastic hall, fitness area, sauna and 25m heated outdoor swimming pool, hair and beauty salon
A combination of Western medicine, complementary medicine, psychotherapy and alternative healing techniques including:
- Acupressure, art therapy, body-oriented psychotherapy, chromotherapy, classical naturopathy, dietetics, galvanic current hydrotherapy, golf therapy, homeopathy, jet shower, kinesiotherapy, Kneipp water treatment, lymphatic drainage, massages (also sound massage with Tibetan singing bowls and underwater massage), meditations, myoreflex therapy, nutritional and dietary consultations, orthomolecular medicine, osteopathy, personal coaching sessions, psychosomatic medicine, psychotherapy (for couples as well), physiotherapy, rehabilitation training, TCM, therapeutic fasting, therapy for couples, water gymnastics
- Beauty, hair care and anti-aging treatments using certified natural cosmetics by Weleda and Dr. Hauschka
- Choice of fasting (800kcal) or wholefood (2,000kcal) diet tailored to the individual
- Fasting menu: freshly squeezed fruit juices and clear vegetable consommés
- 100% certified organic produce – mostly grown in the clinic’s own vegetable gardens
- The only specialist clinic in Germany to have developed nutritional therapy according to Dr. Catherine Kousmine
- Recognized teaching clinic of the German Academy for Nutritional Medicine
Choice of individual or group activities inlcuding:
aerobics and personal training sessions, art exhibitions, art lesson, autogenic training, concerts, cooking demonstrations and lessons, cycling, dancing classes, fitness (personal training available), golf (nearby), golf, guided walks and treks, gym, lectures and workshops on psychological, philosophical and spiritual topics, meditation, nordic walking, painting workshop, Pilates, powerwalking, Qi Gong, readings, relaxation classes, swimming, Tai Chi, tennis, tours to local attractions, yoga
Located in the Lake Constance region bordering Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
Views of Lake Constance across the forest-lined Überlinger Lake and Mainau Island to the snow-topped peaks of Säntis Mountain, Bernese and Glarner Alps.
How to get there
Friedrichshafen Airport: 45 min drive / 38 km
Stuttgart Airport: 1 hr 41 min / 170 km
Zurich Airport: 1 hr 45 min / 110 km
Überlingen Therme Station: 10 min walk / 600 m