• Voucher for a treatment of your choice
• Voucher for new customers exchangeable for nutritional advice, personal training and personal coaching
Dr. Otto Buchinger, a German philosopher and physician, was convinced that “When the body fasts, the soul starves”. He believed that the instinctive desire for self-awareness and inner reflection triggered by fasting also supports the healing process at a physical, spiritual and emotional level.
Fasting means going without food voluntarily for a limited period of time. It strengthens the immune system and activates the body’s self-healing powers. Fasting under medical supervision can help to combat a number of chronic diseases and give you a new lease of life.
Buchinger Wilhelmi supports you around the clock during your fast with medical care in relaxed surroundings. The clinic combines the best of Western medicine, ancient Far-Eastern naturopathy and the latest scientific findings.
You will be accompanied at all times by experts – doctors, nurses, therapists and medical staff with a holistic training.
This family-run business, now in the third generation, is situated on spacious grounds surrounded by beautiful scenery. A haven of warmth and security, it is an inspiring place. Buchinger Wilhelmi may be a medical clinic, but it has the standard of a premium hotel: All its residences are individually designed and follow a distinct artistic concept. Most rooms have sunny balconies with views over Lake Constance and Mainau Island.
Every day at Buchinger Wilhelmi follows a clearly structured routine: A health check in the morning, concerts in the evening, walks through the clinic’s gardens, a daily programme of activities ranging from yoga and Pilates to fitness and meditation, as well as art, music, literature and much more.
The daily programme is rounded off with treatments and therapies performed by specialists from the areas of medicine, physiotherapy, psychotherapy, nutrition, sport and beauty.
«Lake Constance is said to have strong healing powers and you can actually feel them when you hang out in the relaxing pool area after a mornings Qi Gong session. »
- 6 villas, 100 single rooms and 50 double rooms, most with views of Lake Constance and Mainau Island
- Accommodation in six individually designed residences
SPA & THERAPIES
Massage rooms, sports halls, fitness area, sauna and 25 m heated outdoor pool, beauty salon
A combination of Western medicine, complementary medicine, psychotherapy and alternative medicine, including:
- Classical medicine: Various diagnostics: ECG, sonography, laboratory examinations, spirography
- Complementary medicine and classical naturopathy: Neural therapy, Röder therapy, phytotherapy, hydrotherapy
- Orthomolecular medicine
- Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Psychotherapy and coaching
- Nutritional advice and dietetics
- Massages, exercise and physical treatments: Physiotherapy, osteopathy, personal training, classical massages, Ayurveda massage, Shiatsu, hydrotherapy, Kneipp affusions, meditation, yoga, art lessons and much more
- Beauty: Manicure, pedicure, depilation, beauty care and anti-aging treatments with certified, natural cosmetics from The Organic Pharmacy
- Choose between fasting, a calorie-reduced diet of 800 – 1,200 kcal, a special diet, or our healthy organic gourmet cuisine (2,000 kcal) tailored to your individual needs
- Fasting menu: freshly pressed fruit juices and vegetable consommés
- 100 % certified organic produce
- The only specialist clinic in Germany that offers nutritional therapy in accordance with Dr. Catherine Kousmine
- Certified as a teaching clinic by the German Academy for Nutritional Medicine
Group and individual activities:
Cycling, tennis, golf (nearby), fitness studio, Pilates, aerobics, yoga, Tai-Chi, Qi Gong, meditation, relaxation, autogenic training, concerts, art exhibitions, readings, art lessons, painting workshop, dance lessons, cooking lessons and demonstrations, seminars and workshops on psychological, philosophical and spiritual topics, guided tours and hikes, Nordic walking, power walking, swimming, excursions to visit local sights, and much more
- Situated on Lake Constance on the border between Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
- Views across Lake Constance to Mainau Island and the snow-covered peaks of Mount Säntis, as well as the Bernese and Glarus Alps.
How to get there
- Friedrichshafen (30 km)
- Memmingen (120 km)
- Basel (200 km)
- Stuttgart (170 km)
- Zurich (100 km)