shared double room
Guided by the conviction that, “when the body fasts, the soul goes hungry,” Dr Otto Buchinger, a German doctor and philosopher, believed that the spontaneous desire for introspection and inner contemplation brought about by fasting is a means to healing – physically, spiritually and emotionally.
Therapeutic fasting involves voluntarily giving up solid food for a prescribed period of time. It helps to strengthen your immune system, activate your self-healing powers, treat a wide range of chronic illnesses and increase your general vitality and wellbeing.
Buchinger Wilhelmi provides you with a caring environment to walk that path under medical supervision. The clinic combines the best of Western medicine, ancient Far Eastern naturopathic knowledge and scientific progress with alternative therapies – an integrative approach which is nourishment for the body, spirit and soul. With several fasting programs to choose from and a wide range of therapies you’ll be supported by an expert team of holistic medical staff and practitioners in what many guests have described as a “life-changing experience”.
A day at Buchinger Wilhelmi is based on what we need for a balanced, fulfilled and healthy life – exercise and rest, hunger and nourishment, inspiration and relaxation, time on your own balanced by the company of others.
Buchinger Wilhelmi is a clinic, but it is far from the clichéd idea of a sterile medical facility. It is a third-generation family business with all the warmth and personal care that comes with it. The architecture is light-infused and sensual, featuring natural materials and colors.
Against the backdrop of the Sierra Blanca Mountains you’ll bask in the Mediterranean sun, whilst more than 200 specialists from diverse areas like medicine, physiotherapy, psychotherapy, nutrition, sport and nursing guide you through a holistic program based on Dr Buchinger’s prescription for a “spiritual diet”. From morning health checks to evening music concerts, strolls through gardens that blossom year-round and a daily program of activities that includes everything from Yoga and Pilates, to guided exercise and meditation classes, art, music, literature, coaching and accompanying forms of psychotherapy – every day is designed to create a sense of harmony within and with the surrounding world.
«We loved the lush gardens and the unique Spanish flair.»
- 53 single and 11 double rooms with mountain or Mediterranean sea views, 17 junior suites, 17 executive rooms and 3 spacious penthouse suites
- Accommodation in two buildings: the Main Building – built in the typical Andalusian country house style and “Villa Maria” – a modern, Mediterranean architecture style
- Sustainable design and organic gardens
SPA & THERAPIES
Massage and hydrotherapy rooms, fitness centre, Finnish sauna, steam room, hydromassage showers
A combination of Western medicine, complementary medicine, psychotherapy and alternative healing techniques including:
- Acupressure, art therapy, body-oriented psychotherapy, chromotherapy, classical naturopathy, dietetics, galvanic current hydrotherapy, golf therapy, homeopathy, jet shower, kinesiotherapy, Kneipp water treatment, lymphatic drainage, massages (also sound massage with Tibetan singing bowls and underwater massage), meditations, myoreflex therapy, nutritional and dietary consultations, orthomolecular medicine, osteopathy, personal coaching sessions, psychosomatic medicine, psychotherapy (for couples as well), physiotherapy, rehabilitation training, TCM, therapeutic fasting, therapy for couples, water gymnastics
- Beauty, hair care and anti-aging treatments using certified natural cosmetics by Weleda and Dr. Hauschka
- Choice of fasting (800kcal) or wholefood organic gourmet cuisine (2,000kcal) tailored to the individual
- Fasting menu: freshly squeezed fruit juices and clear vegetable consommés
- 100% certified organic produce – mostly grown in the clinic’s own vegetable gardens
Choice of individual or group activities inlcuding:
art exhibitions, art lesson, autogenic training, concerts, cooking demonstrations and lessons, creative activities, dancing classes, fitness (personal training available), golf (nearby), guided walks and treks including to the UNESCO biosphere reserve and Sierra de las Nieves, lectures and workshops on psychological, philosophical and spiritual topics, meditation, Nordic walking, painting workshop, Pilates, powerwalking, Qi Gong, relaxation classes, swimming, tai chi, tennis, tours to local attractions, yoga
Located on Andalusia’s Costa del Sol flanked by the Mediterranean Sea, Sierra Blanca Mountains and the UNESCO biosphere reserve, Sierra de las Nieves.
How to get there
- 60 km to Malaga airport (approximately 40 minutes by car)
- 3 km to Marbella (approximately 5 minutes by car)
- 5 km to Puerto Banús (approximately 10 minutes by car)
Avda. Buchinger s/n