Feeling ‘overweight, sendentary and desperate’, in 1978 Mel Zuckerman checked himself into a ‘fat farm’ for 10 days of physical training and healthy eating. That experience irrevocably changed his life and inspired him to help others do the same. In 1979, Mel and his wife Enid opened the first Canyon Ranch destination resort spa in Tuscon, Arizona.
Today Canyon Ranch is recognized as the gold standard for healthy vacations, through its mission ‘to inspire people to make a commitment to healthy living, turning hopes and intentions into the highest enjoyment of life’.
Canyon Ranch Tucson’s integrative approach to wellness encompasses a vast menu of health, fitness and pampering services with life-enhancing programs that draw on a blend of Eastern and Western traditions.
Set amongst the exotic desert canyons, iconic saguaro cacti and pine-topped mountains of Arizona’s Sonoran Desert and Santa Catalina Mountains, Canyon Ranch Tucson was once the heart of a large, working cattle ranch, and then, from the ‘30s through the ‘70s, a rustic guest ranch.
Since then Mel and Enid Zuckerman have transformed the ranch from what was originally a family-run health resort into a world-leading destination spa.
Canyon Ranch Tucson is the perfect year-round destination to breathe in the clear desert air, soak up the sunshine and come back to one self. With more than 400 fitness, educational and fun activities to choose from every week – including spa treatments, medical and alternative therapies, creative pursuits and spiritual wellness programs – you’ll leave feeling inspired, enlivened and motivated to achieve your personal life and wellness goals.
«The morning hike in the desert or the mountains and the afternoon bike tour to a local farmers market»
Canyon Ranch Tuscon offers comfort and luxury with a range of accommodation options throughout the resort:
- Deluxe and Executive rooms – queen, king or twin double beds
- 1,2 and 3-bedroom luxury suites
- Casa Grande – a luxury freestanding home for up to six guests.
SPA & THERAPIES
Recognized as one of the best destination spas in Arizona:
- 80,000-square-foot Spa complex
- Aquatic center with four swimming pools including an indoor fitness pool, Watsu®pools and aquatic therapy pools)
- Restorative touch therapies: classic massage, Canyon Hot Stone massage, arthritis massage, aromatherapy, hydromassage, lymphatic treatment, pre-natal massage, sleep treatment
- Asian therapies: Ashi-Thai, Shiatsu, Thai massage, reflexology
- Advanced restorative touch therapies: Connective tissue rebalancing, deep tissue, Neuromuscular Therapy, rejuvenating waters (Tó Bee Háájidááh), Sole rejuvenation, Watsu® aquatic massage, wavemotion bodywork)
- Ayurvedic body treatments: 5 Point Star, Abhyanga, Abhyanga-Shirodhara, Bindi- Shirodhara, Shirodhara
- Medical and complementary therapies: acupuncture, chiropractic, nutritional, podiatry, physical therapy, Reiki, craniosacral therapy, acutonics and more
- Life and relationship coaching
- Hydrating and soothing body scrubs and wraps
- Facial and beauty treatments
- Salon services: tanning services, manicures, pedicures, makeup and hairstyling
- Gourmet spa cuisine – Mediterranean-style flavours with a focus on fresh, local and regional cuisine (organic and pesticide-free where possible)
- Animal proteins are ‘de-emphasized’ but when used include hormone- and antibiotic-free meats, grass-fed or grass-finished beef, and sustainably caught or raised seafood
- Menus are prepared in consultation with top nutritionists
- More than 400 fitness, educational and fun activities every week
- Exercise and movement classes: Yoga, cardo and strength training
- Personal training
- Health and fitness assessments
- Sports: squash, rasquetball, pickleball, wallyball, tennis, golf
- Hydrotherapy: Swimming, Watsu®, aquatic therapy and workouts, athletic conditioning, Burdenko water exercise, swimming lessons, Water Dance
- Outdoor adventures: hiking, biking, fitness walks
- Metaphysical: astrology, tarot card reading, clairvoyant readings, Feng Shui, crystal energy, numerology
- Creative arts
- Cooking demonstrations
- Teen services including: personal training sessions, aquatic experiences, outdoor sports and activities and metaphysical consultations
- Sightseeing and tours to local attractions: Old Tuscon, Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum, Biosphere, Kartchner Caverns State Park, Kitt Peak National Observatory, Pima Air and Space Museum, Reid Park Zoo
- Calendar of events including special themed programs and local events throughout the year.
New You in Tucson
First-time guests save 20%
Discover the healthiest, happiest you at Canyon Ranch. If you haven’t stayed at one of our resorts before, you’ll save 20% on your all-inclusive package of four or more nights in Tucson.
Special: In addition to a 20% discount, guests of Healing Hotels of the World will receive a complimentary copy of “30 Days to a Better Brain” written by Dr. Richard Carmona and the following package inclusions:
- Gracious accommodations, with all taxes included
- Three healthy gourmet meals daily from award-winning Canyon Ranch kitchens, plus always-available healthy snacks
- Off-menu ordering and meals for special needs on request
- More than 40 complimentary fitness classes and activities daily
- Complete access to our fully equipped, 80,000-square-foot spa complex and four beautiful pools
- Guided hikes, walks and biking excursions
- Daily selection of wellness presentations and cooking demonstrations
- Generous allowance toward spa, sports & integrative wellness services, based on length of stay, which can be used toward more than 225 services, including private consultations with our team of more than 60 wellness professionals
- Personal program advisor to help custom-design your stay
- Health & fitness assessment reviewed by a nurse educator
- Transportation to and from Tucson International Airport, or complimentary valet parking
This offer is valid until December 23, 2016.
Terms: Travel Agent must mention “New You” promotion and “Healing Hotels of the World” when booking clients to receive these benefits. 4-night minimum stay. This special may not be combined or used in conjunction with any other promotions, or with group, homeowner or membership stays. Subject to change without notice and based on space availability. Other restrictions may apply.
Located on more than 200 acres in the iconic Sonoran Desert of Southern Arizona.
How to get there
Approximately 40 minutes drive from Tuscon International Airport.Canyon Ranch
8600 E. Rockcliff Road
Tucson, AZ 85750