Here in the land of the Renaissance where proportion and balance are everything, Castel Monastero Resort & Spa is famous for its exclusive spa programmes designed to help you get back in shape, detox and rejuvenate.
Castel Monastero Resort & Spa’s Slimming, Detox and Anti-Ageing offers combine daily treatments, therapeutic Yoga and fitness sessions with personalised nutritional therapy.
With three, seven and ten-day programs to choose from, treatments are enhanced by the amazing “Aquae Monasterii” course with its high saline density sea oil pool designed exclusively for the Castel Monastero Spa by the medical team of Thalasso del Forte.
The extremely discreet Castel Monastero Spa has also been chosen by internationally recognised medical centres providing plastic and aesthetic surgery, for post-op convalescence after reshaping and rejuvenating operations, for both men and women.
Located in what was once a medieval village and monastery, Castel Monastero Resort & Spa is now a beautifully restored Tuscan retreat. The former 11th-century cloister has been transformed into two luxury villas set amongst four hectares of gardens overlooking the Tuscan countryside.
Exuding a feeling of simple refinement and pure elegance with its contemporary rustic chic style, Castel Monastero Resort & Spa is the perfect place to focus on achieving personal health goals or relax, unwind and indulge while exploring Tuscany’s historic towns and vineyards.
Food lovers can join seasonal gourmet experiences including the Tuscan Retreat Cookery program created by Gordon Ramsay, wine tasting with the restaurant’s sommelier and truffle hunting in the Chianti hillside.
Throughout the year Castel Monastero Resort & Spa also offers a calendar of special themed events ranging from Yoga, meditation and pre-natal retreats to music concerts and the Palio de Sienna horse race celebrations.
«Overlooking the courtyard, hills and vineyards surrounding the old monastery and soaking in the healing powers of the Tuscany.»
- 75 contemporary rooms and suites with views of the countryside, medieval courtyard or gardens
- Conference and events facilities for up to 130 guests
SPA & THERAPIES
- Castel Monastero SPA – 8 treatment rooms
- Finnish sauna, bio sauna, steam room and experience showers
- Infinity pool, “Aquae Monasterii” pool
- Kneipp and phlebological circuit
- SPA suite with private steam room, double treatment room and private Jacuzzi
- Fitness room
- Three outdoor swimming pools
- 3,7 and 10-day individualised programs for: weight loss, detoxification, anti-ageing
- Massage and treatments using exclusive product lines including: Natura Bissé, Dr. Murad and Urban Retreat
- BioKalco firming treatments
- Berber and Diamond Rose rituals for couples
- Medical beauty treatments
- Osteopathy and somato-emotional release techniques
- Positive thinking sessions and weekends
- Women’s Planet: a choice of programmes and activities aimed at women covering everything from aesthetic to emotional aspects.
- Gourmet restaurant: Contrada by internationally-acclaimed chef Gordon Ramsay
- Tuscan restaurant: La Cantina, located in the original XIII wine cellar
- Yoga and meditation
- Gourmet experiences including: Tuscan Retreat Cookery program created by Gordon Ramsay, wine tasting and truffle hunting
- Horse-riding, golf and polo (nearby)
- Tours to local attractions including: Siena, Chianti wine region, Montalchino, San Gimignano and Monteriggioni
- Hot air ballooning and flying over the Chanti hills
- Shopping in the famous boutiques of Florence and Siena with a private car driver and personal shopper
- Calendar of special themed events throughout the year
Located just 20 minutes drive from Siena, surrounded by the stunning Tuscan countryside and Chianti vineyards.
How to get there
By plane: to Florence Airport (100 kms away) or Pisa Airport (170 kms)
By car from:
- Arezzo – 73 km (1 hour)
- Florence 90 km (1.5 hours)
- Siena 19 km (20 minutes)
- Rome 218 km (2 hours)
- Milan – 373 km (4 hours)
Loc. Monastero d’Ombrone, 19
53019 Castelnuovo Berardenga – Siena