The Chateau de l’Epinay is a stunning small luxury hotel in the heart of the Loire. The healing experience begins with the tranquility and beauty of the house and its grounds, and continues with a trip to their wellness spa.
The Chateau de l’Epinay offers a range of treatments, including massages and rituals inspired by Ayurvedic, Chinese, Balinese and Polynesian traditions, plus beauty and detox treatments, and a Hammam.
Housed in 15th century outbuildings, the spa is operated by two exceptional spa partners: award-winning Cinq Mondes Spa Paris, and beauty treatment specialists Carita Paris.
This beautifully restored French chateau is the perfect mix of modern comfort and traditional elegance. Its 20 suites and rooms are decorated in French Romantic style, with antique pieces adding character and charm, while the huge bathrooms are comfortable and indulgent. It feels like being welcomed into a stately home by a French family – complete with friendly dogs and cats.
The grounds of the Chateau de l’Epinay are an integral part of the hotel’s charm, with formal gardens, a tennis court, a petanque pitch, a terrace, where meals are served in fine weather, and an exquisite natural swimming pool – a highlight for many visitors. The Boire de l’Epinay, a lake formed from an ancient branch of the Loire river, is a beautiful spot for walking, cycling, or canoeing.
«The fairytale castle with a full range of healing therapies.»
- 20 suites and rooms, all with views of the gardens, TV and fireplace
- Wi-fi is free, but some of the rooms have very thick walls – check with your host when booking if wi-fi access is important to you
SPA & THERAPIES
- Modern spa treatment rooms housed in 15th century buildings
- Natural pool
- Gym, completely equipped by Technogym
- Vast room for yoga and meditation
- Hammam treatment, massage inspired by Chinese, Balinese, Ayurvedic and Polynesian traditions, body scrubs, facial and body beauty treatments, hypnotherapy
- L’Orangerie Restaurant: Italian cuisine featuring seasonal products sourced from sustainable farms, eggs provided by hens living on the property and vegetables from onsite garden
- Vegetarian and vegan dishes available
- Buffet breakfast
- Indoors: games room with giant chess board, music room with grand piano, home cinema
- Outdoors: Tennis, boules, swimming, hiking, basketball, fishing, cycling, table tennis, golf, meditation under the centennial oak trees near the lake
- Further afield: explore the chateaux, wineries and UNESCO-listed cultural treasures of the Loire Valley
- Located about 20 km outside of Angers in the Loire Valley, Chateau de l’Epinay is both a destination in itself and a wonderful base to explore the region.
How to get there
- Nearest airport: Nantes Atlantique Airport (74 km away)
- Nearest train station: Angers Saint-Laud (18 km)
- Free private parking on site