In the bustle of Marrakech, El Fenn is a tranquil oasis. El Fenn, a stylishly-converted riad, is more like a private home than a hotel, with colourful rooms opening off a series of five courtyards. One of these courtyards is home to the resort’s spa and hammam, which promises traditional beauty rituals with a luxurious twist.
At El Fenn you can sample a wide range of spa treatments including massage and facial treatments, relax in the hammam, swim in the pool, or enjoy Yoga or Pilates on the rooftop terrace.
The spa uses products created by Les Sens de Marrakech, with Argan oil as the star ingredient. Found only in Morocco, Argan oil is harvested by women in small co-operatives and is known for its anti-inflammatory and healing properties; combined with other natural ingredients such as rose water and ghassoul clay, it creates a luxurious and relaxing spa experience that will leave you feeling refreshed and energized.
One of the first riads to be converted to a boutique hotel, El Fenn is the expression of its owners’ unique design sensibility. Every room has its own colour palette (think pink, turquoise and others); refurbished by local craftsmen using traditional techniques, and furnished with a unique mix of old and new pieces and seriously fabulous artworks by international and Moroccan artists. Rooms come in different sizes, some even with their own plunge pool. The vibe is free-spirited, and there are no room keys (safes are provided so you can lock away your valuables), or TVs in the rooms – although there is wi-fi.
The many couryards give the hotel an open, airy feel, but to really discover the magic of El Fenn you need to take the lift up to the rooftop terrace for rooftop dining or enjoy the rooftop pool with amazing views. There are also two other marble-lined swimming pools in the hotel, for lap-swimming (or pool-lounging) with a touch of luxury.
«The yoga session on the rooftop with views of the Koutoubia mosque.»
- 21 rooms and suites, ranging in size from small to extra large
- Three private houses (2 bedroom, 3 bedroom and 5 bedroom)
SPA & THERAPIES
- El Fenn spa & hammam
- Treatment rooms with open fires, in-room massage available
- Manicure, pedicure, massages, facial treatments
- Three restaurants serving food made with locally-sourced produce and organic vegetables from their own garden
- The Roof Terrace: serves breakfast, Moroccan set menu lunch, dinner
- The El Fenn Cocktail Bar & Restaurant: cocktails, drinks, and a menu featuring the best of European and Moroccan cuisine
- Main courtyard: morning and afternoon tea
- Yoga, pilates, cycling tours, private tours to markets, cultural and historic sites, hiking in the Atlas Mountains
- El Fenn is located beside Bab El Ksour on the edge of Marrakech’s Medina, with many local attractions an easy walk away. The rooftop terrace offers fabulous views of the Atlas Mountains.
How to get there
- 10 minute drive from Marrakech Menara airport
- The hotel can arrange airport transfers
Derb Moullay Abdullah Ben Hezzian
Bab El Ksour