• 36.5 Wellbeing & Thermal Spa welcome gift
For centuries, visitors have travelled to Bad Ragaz to bathe in the naturally flowing 36.5°C thermal waters that spring from Europe’s most abundant thermal source, the Tamina Gorge. Here, medieval monks once lowered the ailing down on ropes into the waters that are renowned for their balanced mineral content and healing benefits.
Recognized as one of the leading spa resorts in the world, this amazing medical spa puts these healing waters at the cornerstone of its unique approach to health and wellbeing.
At Bad Ragaz it’s easy to let your stress float away. Amongst the extensive offering are quick-burst programs covering areas such as Traditional Chinese Medicine, sports science, mental health and gynecology devised by experts who look after the Swiss Olympic team, a popular four-day women’s check-up, and the Resort’s signature 36.5° Thermal Water Collection theurapeutic relaxation 1-7 day programmes.
Beyond the 7,300m2 cathedral-like ‘Tamina Therme’ indoor-outdoor wellness complex with its countless thermal pools, steam rooms, hot tubs, icy plunge pools and saunas, there’s plenty of opportunities for relaxation and activity to dive into at Bad Ragaz.
Two luxury resorts, eight restaurants (including two serving Bad Ragaz’s healthy Cuisine Équilibrée) an internationally renowned Medical Health Centre, the Swiss Olympic Medical Centre, a luxury day spa and a Swarovski-encrusted herbal bath are all part of the extraordinary experience of being in what is arguably the most beautiful panoramic route of the Swiss Alps.
The unexpected art and cultural offering – with concerts, festivals, readings and performances throughout the year – also treats guests to a healthy dose of food for the soul.
«We love the perfect mix of Swiss hotel business art and medical expertise. »
- Three 5-star luxury Resorts:
- Grand Hotel Quellenhof – classic, luxurious elegance of the Swiss Grand Hotel business. Fine materials blended with opulent spaciousness.
- Spa Suites – ultra-modern and contemporary design
- Grand Hotel Hof Ragaz – from traditional and comfortable design to historic and princely interior
SPA & THERAPIES
36.5° Wellbeing & Thermal Spa, Tamina Therme thermal baths, Medical Health Center, Swiss Olympic Medical Center, Finnish sauna, steam bath, samarium, Swarovski crystal herbal bath, ice cave, thermal pools, sun bed, Spa Lounge.
- Signature 36.5° Thermal Water Collection: 1 to 5-day theurapeutic relaxation treatment programs
- Complementary medicine: Naturopathy, Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM)
- Massage: Aromatherapy, Lomi Lomi Nui, Lymph drainage, Tamina Stone therapy, Thai massage, reflexology
- Special treatments: Sequoia ceremony, Golden honey treatment, Sound Waves meditation
- Cosmetic and anti-aging treatments: dermatology, aesthetic and plastic surgery, dental beauty
- Facials and beauty treatments: using La Prairie, Sensai, Sisley, Niance, Ericson Laboratoire, Carita, Thalgo and Soglio products.
- Hairstyling and makeup by JAMES GOOD FOR YOU
- Children’s spa menu
- Medical Health Center offers: preventative health, check-ups and diagnostics, rehabilitation, physical therapies, gynaecology and fertility, complementary medicine
- Sports medicine
- Eight restaurants ranging from GaultMillau-rated fine dining to casual options
- Cuisine Équilibrée: culinary health brand developed with the doctors and nutritional consultants from the Medical Health Center – available at two of the restaurants, the Spa Lounge, 5° Wellbeing & Thermal Spa and room service
- A range of cuisines including: Swiss, Thai, Chinese, Japanese, Mediterranean
- Daily drop-in classes
- Personal and group training
- Indoor classes: Aquafit, Pilates, Yoga, pelvic floor exercises, Qi Gong, Chi ball, stretch & relax, meditation, Therafit, balance training, Zumba, Step aerobics, Flow tonic, Circuit training, Galileo
- Outdoor activities: Hiking, jogging, Nordic walking, fit walk, E-bike tours, bicycle tours, mountain biking, snowshoe hiking, cross-country skiing
- Two golf courses
- Children’s Villa and fitness activities: aqua splash, dancing moves, kids Yoga, natural fun
- Kursaal Business and Events Center – catering for up to 280 guests
- Annual calendar of art and cultural events including festivals, concerts, live piano music, talks and readings, art exhibitions, bridge tournaments.
- Surrounded by Alpine mountains
- Excursions to nearby wineries, Tamina gorge, Heidi’s village (based on Johanna Spyri’s world famous novel, ‘Heidi’) and Walensee
- Nearby winter sports areas: Pizol, Flumserberge, Lenzerheide, Klosters, Davos
How to get there
- An hour’s drive from Zurich, 2.5 hours from Munich, 3 hours from Milan, 4 hours from Geneva, 1.5 hours from Lucerne, 15 minutes from the Principality of Liechtenstein
- Transfer service to Bad Ragaz train station.
7310 Bad Ragaz