• 10-minute facial massage on arrival
Located on Portugal’s beautiful Madeira Island, the Alpino Atlantico Hotel is an adult-only boutique hotel specializing in detoxifying diets and complete Ayurvedic programs conducted by the Ashoka Ayurveda Cure Center by Birgit Moukom.
Alpino Atlantico Hotel’s Ashoka Ayurveda Cure Center draws on ancient and traditional teachings – such as the healing power of Ayurveda, indigenous herbs, detoxifying cuisine, energy work, Yoga and meditation – to promote health and address chronic illness.
Supported by a team of experts trained in Indian Ayurvedic philosophy, Alpino Atlantico Hotel offers individualized programs for one-day to three-weeks. Choose from traditional Ayurvedic Panchakarma detox programs, through to specific treatments for issues such as chronic disease, immune system disorders, allergies, stress, obesity, insomnia, hypertension and polyarthritis.
With year-round warm temperatures, lush evergreen surroundings and stunning views of the Atlantic Ocean, Alpino Atlantico Hotel is the perfect setting to recover from stress, tackle health problems, or simply enjoy a relaxing holiday.
A special place designed specifically for Ayurvedic treatments, at Alpino Atlantico Hotel the day starts with a Yoga session most mornings before enjoying treatments in the Ashoka Ayurveda Cure Center by Birgit Moukom, hikes in the Madeira Nature Reserve or gentle strolls along the Atlantic coastline.
And with just 27 guest rooms, this small island hideaway promises the peace and tranquility required to help you restore your physical, mental, spiritual and emotional balance.
«Waking up each morning hearing seagulls, the sound of the waves and smelling the ocean breeze.»
24 rooms and 3 suites with view of the Atlantic Ocean
SPA & THERAPIES
The Ashoka Ayurveda Cure Center by Birgit Moukom with 9 treatment rooms, relaxation lounge & Yoga
- Ayurvedic massages & relaxation treatments
- Detox, diet, lifestyle counseling, coaching & energy work with an Ayurvedic physician
- Ayurveda restaurant with ocean views
- Ayurvedic, vegan menus
- Qi Gong
- Ayurvedic cooking classes & workshops
- Hiking & mountain biking
- Madeira Island highlights: nature sports, dolphin watching, Cristiano Ronaldo Museum and the World Heritage-listed Madeira Nature Reserve, tobogganing
Strengthening Health Cure for Body, Mind and Soul
This special cure stands in direct connection with the Panchakarma–Cleansing-Cure which strengthens the physical constitution with help of a specific mental coaching, meditation, breathing techniques, systematic therapy as well as hypnotherapy. This cure supports in coping with situations of crisis, mental overload, feelings of hopelessness and to define and achieve new goals. Panchakarma Cure with additional mental training is ideal to prevent or treat burnout.
• Consultation with our Ayurveda doctor
• Consultation with our Ayurveda specialist and coach Birgit Moukom
• Your personal therapy plan
• Daily yoga/ Qi Gong and meditation
• 2 Ayurvedic treatments per day (e.g. Abhyanga, Vasti, Basti, Nasya, etc.)
• Detox with special herbs
• 6 x individual mental program (e.g. coaching, yoga therapy, systematic therapy etc.)
• You are daily taken care of by our Ayurveda doctor as well as by Birgit Moukom
• Ayurveda workshop und Ayurveda cooking class (once a week)
• Ayurvedic medicines during the cure
EUR 184,- per day
Minimum stay of 13 days is required
Alpino Atlântico Ayurveda Hotel is located at Caniço de Baixo on Madeira Island in the North Atlantic Ocean.
How to get there
Alpino Atlântico Ayurveda Hotel is located:
- 12kms from the city of Funchal
- 8kms from Funcal Airport (accessible by bus or taxi to Caniço de Baixo)
9125-031 Caniço de Baixo