• Ayurveda Prakruthi and Dosha analysis
• Early booking discount of 10% for bookings confirmed 90-days prior to guest stay. Eligible for packages for 14 nights and more.
Recognized as one of the best Ayurveda retreats in India, Niraamaya Retreat Surya Samudra delivers bespoke experiences with a focus on Ayurvedic treatments, traditional therapies and skin care treatments integrating various natural therapeutic traditions.
Niraamaya means ‘a sense of wellbeing’ in Sanskrit and at Niraamaya Retreat Surya Samudra the concept of wellness resonates across everything.
The complete Niraamaya Retreat Surya Samudra program covers detox, cleansing treatments, Yoga and breathing exercises, meditation, use of herbal remedies along with massages and other holistic practices. Under the guidance of Ayurvedic physician, Dr Arun Aravind, and his team of well-trained therapists guests can choose from a range of customized 5-14 day programs for: stress management, weight loss, detox, skin care, Ayurveda and Yoga.
Founded in 1982 when Klaus Schleusener and Swiss architect, Karl Damschen, transformed a barren hilltop and ancient stone cottage into what still stands at the Octagon House, Niraamaya Retreat Surya Samudra has received Heritage Hotel status from the Indian Government.
At Niraamaya Retreat Surya Samudra guests experience a glimpse of the ‘real’ India with a seamless blend of contemporary hospitality, regional heritage and traditional culture.
With the sounds of the Arabian Sea lapping on the shores and fresh, clean breezes swaying through lush gardens and coconut groves, here your worries will fall away leaving you relaxed and rejuvenated – body, mind and soul.
«Laying in bed, looking at the Arabian Sea and enjoying the healing effects of authentic Ayurveda.»
- 31 residences (some with ocean views) including:
- 23 traditional Kerala-style cottages with verandah and open-air bath gardens; and
- 8 contemporary-style residences
SPA & THERAPIES
- Niraamaya Spa
- Steam rooms, hydro bath facility and Vichy shower
- Private consultation with Ayurvedic doctor
- Customized 5-14 day programs: stress management, weight loss, detox, skin care, Ayurveda and Yoga
- Three restaurants specialising in Pan-Asian regional classics, international cuisine and fresh local seafood.
- Private ‘destination dining’ options available.
- Cooking classes
- Guided tours to local attractions including Kovalum, Trivandrum, Shree Padmanabhaswamy Temple, the Napier Museum and Art Gallery, Chandra Beach, Golden Sand Beach and fish markets
- Elephant safari rides
- Backwater cruises on the Poovar estuary
- Sunset cruises
- Conference and meeting facilities for up to 36 delegates
RELAX AND REJUVE PROGRAM – “RASAYANA”
Rasayana therapy enhances the life force and immunity of a person and rejuvenates the cells and tissues in his body. This therapy is believed to hold old age and related infirmities at bay. It is believed that Rasayana was the secret of the long, healthy, energetic lives of the sages of yore. This program keeps one in a state of “Niraamaya” – free from Ailments.
- Accommodation with daily Ayurveda therapy
- Ayurvedic consultation – one on one consultation with the Ayurveda physician
- Wellness cuisine cooking session once during the stay
- Daily wellness drink
- Ongoing progress checks during the program
- Daily private yoga sessions for 60 minutes (per room)
- Internal herbal medicines as indicated during the period of treatment
- Debrief session on follow up therapies, medications and lifestyle recommendations
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner as per menu prescribed by doctor in consultation with the chef
- Pick-up and Drop from / to Trivandrum Airport or Railway Station
Set on a clifftop overlooking the Arabian Sea, surrounded by lush green gardens and coconut groves.
How to get there
Niraamaya Retreat Surya Samudra is located approximately 30 minutes drive from Trivandrum and Thiruvananthapuram Airports (which are serviced by direct flights from Dubai, New Delhi and Mumbai).Niraamaya Retreats Surya Samudra
Pulinkudi, Mullur PO,
Thiruvananthapuram 695 521,