• 1 fresh coconut or specialty coffee beverage per morning per person
• Upgraded to next available room category upon arrival
• 10% discount on additional spa treatments
In Costa Rica, ‘Pura Vida’ means ‘pure life’ and here on a mountaintop encircled by lush gardens, distant volcanoes and coffee plantations, Pura Vida Retreat & Spa teems with life and natural healing energy.
Offering a special kind of mind-body-spirit adventure, Pura Vida Retreat & Spa combines its awe-inspiring location with daily Yoga, world-renowned spa treatments, healthy cuisine and an extensive range of eco-adventures.
For more than 20 years, Pura Vida Retreat & Spa has hosted Yoga and Wellness retreats by visiting experts who come to enjoy this magical part of the world. With a calendar of Yoga retreats available throughout the year, this is the perfect place to pause, reflect, reinvent yourself or simply celebrate being alive.
It is no mystery why Costa Rica is considered one of the happiest places on earth. From the dawn of time, humans in search of health, healing and wellness have been drawn to the active volcanic regions of the earth.
Tucked serenely in the clouds above San José and surrounded by hot natural springs, Pura Vida Retreat & Spa is alive with natural beauty and healing energy. In everything from the unique treatments on offer at The Wellness Centre through to the diverse range of eco-adventures available, the luxury health spa retreat celebrates the authentic healing spirit of Costa Rica.
Here, you’ll be uplifted by the simple pleasures of watching colorful birds and butterflies, the magic of walking through coffee plantations and rainforest canopies, and eating fresh local herbs grown in the soils of Pura Vida Retreat & Spa’s holistic garden.
«An oasis in the middle of coffee bean fields with spectacular studio views and incredible fresh homegrown food.»
45 rooms and 4 suites scattered throughout the Retreat Centre.
SPA & THERAPIES
- The Wellness Centre and Spa
- Four Yoga halls
- Swimming pool
- Ayurvedic massage and lifestyle coaching
- Massage: deep tissue, Swedish, lymphatic drainage
- Bodywork: myoskeletal release, reflexology, cranio-sacral rebalancing, Costa Rican Hot Stone therapy, reiki
- Aquatic bodywork: warm water massage, aquadynamic therapy
- Asian bodywork: Long Huo (Dragon Fire) body treatment, Thai massage, breema, shiatsu
- Bio-energetic healing: body talk, liberation healing
- Signature spa treatments, facials and beauty treatments
- Buffet-style meals served in the Retreat’s dining hall
- North American and Costa Rican cuisine with a focus on vegetarian, fish and chicken dishes using fresh local produce and herbs from the Retreat’s holistic garden
- Vegan, gluten-free and high-protein diets catered for
- Daily Yoga
- Natural hot springs
- Eco-adventures and tours to local attractions: sky walk, wildlife boat adventure, hot springs, eco-hikes, forest canopy tours, La Paz Waterfall Gardens, Villa Lapas Reserve
Water Healing Package
Experience total renewal of the mind, body & spirit with a wellness getaway to Costa Rica’s Pura Vida Retreat & Spa, which is dedicated to helping guests embrace a healthy lifestyle. This transformational package will allow you to experience the resort’s amazing yoga classes, fresh and healthy cuisine, relaxing spa treatments – including a fantastic Warm water treatment – and exciting eco–adventures.
- 7 nights
- 3 meals per day (starting with dinner on the night of arrival and ending with breakfast on the day of departure)
- 2 yoga sessions per day
- 2 half-day excursions
- 1 Warm water massage
- 1 Myoskeletal release
- Round trip airport transfers
- 1 fresh green juice per morning per person
- Upgraded to next available room category upon arrival
- 10% discount on additional spa treatments
from USD 1,703.- per person
Located just 20 minutes from the Juan Santamaria International Airport in Alajuela and 5,000 feet above sea level, Pura Vida Retreat & Spa is encircled by mountains, pristine gardens, panoramic views and distant volcanos.
How to get there
Pura Vida Retreat & Spa is accessible:
- By car: 40-50 minutes’ drive from San José via Route 1.
- By plane: to San José’s Juan Santamaria International Airport.
Shuttle service for the 20-minute drive from the Airport is included as part of the Signature Package. The shuttle service is $15 per person each way for our nightly accommodations and must be coordinated in advance.Pura Vida Spa & Yoga Retreat
700 metros al sur de Minisuper Pavas
Pavas, Carrizal, Alajuela