Span Resort and Spa’s exclusive healing programs combine morning Yoga and meditation sessions with authentic Indian Ayurveda treatments and contemporary techniques from around the world including Swedish and Balinese massage, Hawaiian Lomi Lomi, and Shiatsu.
Embracing the healing power of this sacred part of the world, the La Riviere Spa encourages guests to pluck fresh-grown herbs they would like mixed with natural L’OCCITANE products, and in the signature treatments, natural stones from the nearby River Beas are used to deepen the experience.
„A tranquil sanctuary for the body and soul, Span Resort and Spa offers a perfect blend of East-meets-West healing in the Indian Himalayas.“
- Stress Release
Located 1,654 meters above sea level in the picturesque Kullu Valley (also known as ‘The Valley of the Gods’) Span Resort and Spa is ensconced in the beauty of Mother Nature, sacred myth and fable. Surrounded by snow-capped Himalayan peaks, a valley of flowers and orchards, ancient shrines and temples, this is the perfect place to return to nature and self.
Here, in one of India’s most popular tourist destinations, but a world away from the hectic buzz of life outside, it is easy to escape into the intimacy of solitude and heal yourself.
Features & Benefits
- 44 luxurious rooms located in 36 cottages spread over the property –varying from cottage-style rooms to spacious club suites and the 3-bedroom presidential suite
- Uninterrupted views of the river and Himalayan peaks
- 2 restaurants:
- Walk Around the World: global cuisine specializing in Indian and Mughlai dishes with home-grown, healthy organic options available
- Zensation – specializing in Pan-Asian cuisine
- Library Lounge and café – 24-hour café
- Morning Yoga and meditation
- Adventure sports: trekking, fishing, mountain climbing, river rafting, paragliding, skiing and snowboarding (on request)
- Outdoor activities: mini-golf, badminton, lawn chess, shooting, lawn tennis, stargazing, croquet, bicycling, fishing and jogging along the River Beas
- Gymnasium and swimming pool
- Indoor games and activities: pool, chess, carom, air hockey, billiards, darts, and table tennis
- Day-trips and excursions to Hidimba Temple, Vashisht and Manikaran (natural hot springs), Rohtang Pass, trekking to Bijli Mahadev, skiing and zorbing
- Children’s park
- Conference and meeting facilities for up to 160 delegates
Healing & Spa
- La Riviere Spa by L’OCCITANE: 5 treatment rooms
Healing Therapies & Treatments
- Signature treatments: River Stone Massage (with stones from the River Beas)
- Massage and body treatments: Swedish, Hawaiian Lomi Lomi, Balinese, Shiatsu, deep tissue, relaxing aromachologie, revitalizing aromachologie, body scrubs/wraps, almond detoxifying and silhouette reshaping treatments, reflexology & head massage
- Ayurvedic treatments: Abhyangam, Udhwarthana & Shirolepa
- Steam baths: Aroma bath, couples, and female-only baths
- Facial and beauty treatments using L’OCCITANE products
Founder & CEO
We love sitting at the river listening to the water flow and breathing the fresh air which can be felt, smelled and tasted.
- Located in one of India’s most popular tourist destinations.
- A stone’s throw from the River Beas in the north Indian corner of Himachal Pradesh overlooking the Himalayas.
- Daily flights available from Delhi to Kullu-Bhuntar Airport (1 hour)
- Dedicated helicopter service from Delhi and Chandigarh (includes a 15-minute bird’s eye view of the Himalayan Valley)
- Private luxury plane charters available with SpanAir (based at Indira Gandhi International Airport, Delhi)
Request now without obligation.
Your booking request is non-binding and your data will be safe with us.
Booking Request: Span Resort & Spa
per Night / per Room
Similar hotels that you might like:
Housed in a maharadja palace in northern India, Ananda in the Himalayas offers a healing approach that combines Yoga, Ayurveda and Vedanta.
With the appearance of a royal palace, Taj Mahal Palace Mumbai is an urban Healing Hotel that draws on the healing heritage of India.