• personalized consultation with on-site yoga guru along with the Spa Director, followed by a a meditation for mental awareness
This legendary luxury urban healing hotel has hosted kings, dignitaries and eminent personalities from all over the world since 1903. True to the hotel’s strong Indian roots, the philosophy of the Taj’s Jiva Spa is imbedded in ancient Indian therapies and wellness rituals, and inspired by Ayurvedic principles.
Experience wellness retreats (from 1 up to 6 days) with a personalized selection of spa treatments, workouts, yoga and meditation.
Every treatment draws on the rich wellness heritage of India, combining the healing rituals enjoyed by royalty with therapies that embrace Indian spirituality. Yoga is a speciality at Taj Mahal Palace, with both private and group sessions exploring many kinds of yoga practice and guided meditation to bring body, mind and spirit back into balance.
Arriving at the Taj Mahal Palace is like stepping inside a royal palace. From its beautiful Saracenic Revival façade to the gilded and colorful historic interiors, you’ll experience a uniquely Indian style of luxury. The hotel is made up of two buildings, the original featuring rooms decorated in luxe 1900 style, with antiques, art and beautiful color schemes, the modern tower extension offering modern-style rooms with breathtaking views over the Gateway to India and the Arabian Sea. Both types of rooms, of course, have modern comforts including Wi-Fi and gorgeous bathrooms.
The urban hotel is a calm, tranquil oasis in the hustle of Mumbai. Besides the spa, there are many specialist restaurants to try as well as all-day dining, cafes and bars. The pool is one of Mumbai’s best, with more culinary options poolside. But the true heart of the Taj experience is their exceptional service: the staff goes above and beyond to cater to your every need; some rooms even come with a butler. If you’re ready for a little taste of living like a royal while taking care of your sensitive side, here’s your chance.
- 543 rooms, including
- 42 themed suites
- Business center with conference facilities
SPA & THERAPIES
- 5 luxury single treatment rooms with steam and experiential rain shower
- 1 couple treatment room with soak tub and lounge area
- Dead sea mineral soak
- Relaxation lounge
- Yoga studio
- Pilates studio
- Sports massage room
- Outdoor pool
- De-stress, color therapy, detox, energy therapy, hammam, indigenous techniques, lifestyle coaching, meditation, nutritional consultancy, pilates, sauna/steam bath, spirituality, thalasso therapy, thermal water, yoga
- 9 restaurants, cafes and bars, many with vegan, gluten-free and low calorie options
- Restaurants include Sea Lounge (international cuisine and live music), Souk (middle eastern, rooftop location), Shamiana (international all-day dining), Masala Kraft (Indian), Wasabi by Morimoto (Japanese), Golden Dragon (Sichuan)
Royal Spa Retreat
15th July – 30th September 2019
- Round the clock butler
- WiFi for 4 devices
- Service of hot and soft beverages, including the signature detox tea, throughout the day at the Palace Lounge (except from 1900hrs – 0100hrs when it is available at Sea Lounge / Shamiana)
- Heritage walk of the Palace
- Choice of buffet breakfast at Sea Lounge/Shamiana or american breakfast at Serene poolside restaurant – Aquarius (including healthy – gluten free, low calorie & vegan options)
- A satvik meal per adult at Masala Kraft (especially curated for this package)
- One Indian Aromatherapy Massage (60 Min) per adult once during the stay.
- 25% discount at the salon services
- A Private consultation with the yoga guru
- 20% discount on car transfers booked through the travel desk.
- One child below 12 years can stay in the parents’ room at no extra charge (inclusive of buffet breakfast and satvik meal).
- Extra bed can be provided at a charge on request
from INR 26,000.- per night, per couple
Located on the seafront overlooking the Gateway of India in South Mumbai, India. Cultural and historic attractions, restaurants and shopping are all nearby.
How to get there
- Nearest airport: Chhatrapati Shivaji terminus airport (22 km)
- Nearest train station: Chhatrapati Shivaji terminus station (2.5 km)
- Transfers available for a fee
Apollo Bunder, Colaba,
Mumbai - 400001