• Early check-in/late check-out OR Upgrade to the next category (both subject to availability)
Located in the meandering backwaters of Kerala, Vivanta by Taj – Bekal is one of India’s best-kept secrets. This luxury five-star resort combines the best of Kerala’s unique landscape and cultural heritage with a modern wellness offering based on traditional Indian philosophies.
Blending ancient Indian wisdom with contemporary therapies, Vivanta by Taj – Bekal offers a range of signature experiences including Ayurveda journeys, wellness cuisine and Yoga retreats.
In the Jiva Grande Spa, guests are treated to the best of Indian rejuvenation therapies including traditional aromatherapy massage, beauty and Ayurvedic treatments.
Vivanta by Taj also offers comprehensive Yoga and meditation practices under the guidance of the Bihar School of Yoga – a holistic form of Yoga achieved through an amalgamation of physical, psychological and spiritual aspects of our lives.
Set on 26 acres of manicured lawns and landscaped gardens touching the Kappil beach shoreline, Vivanta by Taj – Bekal invites you to be captivated by the spirit of Kerala’s simple lifestyle and natural beauty.
The perfect blend of modern design and traditional décor inspired by Kettuvallam houseboats, this luxury spa resort offers generous open spaces to enjoy the gentle sea breezes, swinging palm trees and serene backwaters.
Spend your days relaxing in swinging day beds, stretched out on deck chairs or being pampered at Jiva Grande Spa. Enjoy Vivanta by Taj’s ‘motif’ experiences – a trip to Bekal Fort, a romantic dinner by the river, a Kettuvallam cruise, or a quintessential Kerala spa and gourmet journey. You may also want to step outside the resort to explore ‘the land of gods, forts and rivers’.
«It is a beautiful, calm, serene scenery and you can feel all your tension being washed away.»
- 68 rooms & villas – all with king-size beds, designed in the style of Kettuvallam houseboats
- Private living spaces with rain showers, soak tubs and large plunge pools (in the villas) overlooking the lush landscape, the backwaters, the beach and Arabian sea
- Pets allowed
- Conference & meeting facilities for up to 400 guests
SPA & THERAPIES
- Jiva Grande Spa
- Beauty salon
- Fitness centre
- Outdoor swimming pool
- Ayurveda therapies: Abhyanga, Kati Basti, Mukhalepa, Pichu, Snana, Udvartana, Ayurvedic consultations
- Indian therapies: Champi, Pehlwan Malish, Ventoz, Pada Mardana
- Body scrubs & wraps
- Yoga & meditation: Based on the Bihar School of Yoga philosophy (classes for beginners to advanced)
- Beauty therapies: using Indian herbs and rich essential oils
- Spa indulgences: beauty and wellness treatments from 90 mins to 6 hours
3 restaurants & bar
- Latitude –multi-cuisine restaurant with an accent on regional Keralite cuisine.
- By the Bay – Kerala-style seafood
- BBQ by the pool
- Spa cuisine at Jiva Grande Spa
- Yoga & meditation
- Sunrise beach hiking & biking
- Nature walks & birdwatching
- Let’s buy fish – fish market tour with Chef
- Kids’ hour child minding facilities
- Kayaking on Kappil River
- Tailor-made itineraries
- Sightseeing & tours to local attractions including: Kettuvallam houseboat cruises, boat stays on the Valiyaparamba backwaters, Thonikadavu & Bekal, Chandragiri Fort (Moon River), Palakunnu, Bhagavathi Temple, Anandashram, Kappul Mosque and Pallikera Church.
A sprawling 26-acre resort with beach and river access located in the meandering backwaters of Kerala.
How to get there
- By plane – to Mangalore Airport (80km away). Airport transfers are available to/from the resort.
- By Train – to Kasaragod Railway Station (15 km away) and Kanhangad Railways Station (20 km away)
Kasargod, 671319, Kerala