Como Shambhala Estate Bali was created by founder Christina Ong as part of her quest for a meaningful spa experience. Wellbeing is not just an option at this resort: it’s their reason for being, with every aspect designed to help you make lasting, positive life changes, and return home feeling restored.
Como Shambhala’s wellbeing experts will create a program tailored for you; your personal assistant will help make every step of the journey easy; and the stunning natural surroundings and exceptional food will make you wish you never had to leave.
Programs can include daily Yoga, Pilates and meditation, Ayurvedic treatments, massage, hydrotherapy, cleansing treatments and fitness activities; or simply enjoy relaxing beside the pool, or walking along winding rainforest paths, drinking in the stillness. The landscape itself seems to exude its own healing energy; perhaps that’s because there’s a sacred spring within the grounds – The Source – where you can experience a traditional Balinese water blessing to cleanse body, mind and spirit.
Como Shambhala Estate Bali has an amazing setting: built high up in the mountains outside Ubud, the resort is suspended over a rainforest-covered gorge, with the Ayung River below and tranquil views of rice paddies across the valley. The residences take their design inspiration from traditional Balinese architecture; each one is different, but they all have their own infinity pool and they’re all designed to cocoon you in delightful comfort.
Here, true luxury is feeling like you’re the only guest. The carefully laid-out grounds let you move from residence to treatment room while rarely running into other people, and the highly personalized service extends to every aspect of your stay here. As well as providing you with a personal assistant, they’ll also create a bespoke menu just for you. The staff’s almost supernatural attention to detail translates into attentive, perfectly-tuned personal service, and all the offerings at this holistic healing resort, from accommodation to food to activities and of course the spa treatments, are so good many guests don’t even bother to explore what lies beyond.
«The hidden spring pools in the forest are unforgettable.»
- 30 rooms, spread across suites, villas and residences
- Families with children are accepted, but must book a private villa or whole residence
SPA & THERAPIES
- 9 treatment rooms, including 3 couple rooms
- 3 treatment pavilions
- Outdoor hydrotherapy area with vitality pool
- Male/female sauna and steam room
- Yoga pavilion and Yoga bale
- Pilates studio
- Consultation rooms
- 25 meter chemical-free swimming pool
- Chemical-free natural spring water pools
- Tennis court
- Outdoor jungle gyms
- Climbing wall
- Ayurveda, acupuncture, colon hydrotherapy, de-stress, detox, indigenous techniques, lifestyle coaching, meditation, nutritional consultancy, Pilates, reflexology, Indonesian massage, Thai massage, hot river stone massage, sauna/steam bath, spirituality, Qi Gong, Yoga
- 2 restaurants:
- Kudus House: celebrates the vibrant flavors, spices and traditions of Indonesian regional cuisine
- Glow: contemporary all-day dining, featuring a range of delicious and healthy meals, raw food and juices
- Hiking, cycling & mountain bike riding, white-water rafting, cultural tours, cooking classes, local walks, tennis, swimming, rock-climbing
A 10 minute drive from the artists’ town of Ubud in the mountains of Bali, part of the Indonesian archipelago.
How to get there
- Ngurah Rai International Airport is 75 minutes’ drive away
- Denpasar, Bali’s capital, is 40 minutes’ drive away
- Free parking
PO Box 54, Ubud