Double room excl. taxes
Use of the jacuzzi
Early check in / Late check out
Upgrade to the next category (subject to availability)
• 15% discount on the lodging rates (based on current rates)
When architect, photographer and yoga teacher, Maria Teresa Ponce, envisioned My Sacha Jí, she wanted to create a place for guests to connect with the earth and themselves. That’s why she named it My Sacha Jí, meaning ‘my beloved mountain’.
Everything about this intimate mountain-top sanctuary – from the environmentally-friendly and sustainable design of its Feng-shui inspired architecture, to its organic gardens, locally-sourced menu and holistic approach to healing – is about connecting to nature.
The views, the healing organic menu, the meditation, daily Kundalini Yoga, traditional Andean healing ceremonies and the unique horse therapy have been created for one reason only – to support and heal YOU.
With a focus on Andean culture, art, architecture, environmentally-friendly and sustainable design, Sacha Jí is a carefully considered space where art meets nature – with respect for both people and the earth. Sacha Jí’s location is healing in itself as is its intimate setting and close connection to the local community.
Here you are invited to experience eco-friendly living first-hand: learn about medicinal plants in the retreat’s own organic gardens and be restored through traditional healing practices. You can also join a local tour or volunteer at the nearby orphanage as an opportunity to experience traditional Andean culture and authentically connect with the local indigenous community and surrounding mountain landscape.
«There is a magical healing quality about Sacha Jí itself, the surrounding area and the warm-hearted openness of the local people. This is also a perfect launching pad for a visit to the Galapagos Islands. »
- 11 private rooms with stunning views of the Imbabura Volcano or Lake San Pablo.
- Each room is individually-decorated with Andean rugs, locally-made textiles and contemporary Ecuadorian photography.
SPA & THERAPIES
- Hot tub
- Polar pool
- Sweat lodge
- Couples and single treatment rooms
A combination of traditional Andean healing and contemporary therapies including:
- Andean Cleansing Ceremony
- Kawsay Pacha (Andean Reiki)
- Energy treatments
- Organic Andean cuisine with a focus on traditional dishes
- Oriented towards a vegetarian diet, though meat-based menus are available
- Locally-sourced produce including ingredients from Sacha Jí’s own organic fruit orchard, vegetable and medicinal plant gardens.
- Andean cooking course (groups only), daily Kundalini yoga and meditation (outdoor if possible), guided walks and trekking, horseback riding, Horse Guided Empowerment Program, medicinal plant course, volunteering at the nearby Juvilus Foundation Orphanage
- Tours to local attractions including: Indigenous crafts and food markets, Crater Lakes, Cochasqui Ancient Pyramids, Leather Town, historic haciendas, Quito Colonial City Tour and Middle of the World
- Annual calendar of workshops and events with guest experts in yoga, meditation, photography, horse therapy and more.
Illapu Wellness Package
Open your heart and allow Mother Earth to imbue you with everything you need to find your natural flow and balance. Rediscover your energy, grow new strength and let your inner self shine out with the Illapu Wellness Package.
This package includes:
- 4 nights accommodation
- A reviving coca leaf tea at your arrival
- Nourishing and energizing breakfast, lunch and dinner – including a picnic lunch amid ancient pyramids
- Guided stroll around the grounds
- Fresh herbal tea picked from the garden
- Energy-balancing ceremony with Mama Rosa, an expert in traditional medicine
- Yoga and meditation
- 2 x reiki massage
- 2 x hydrotherapy session
- Therapy to free up emotions and purify the body
- A guided walk towards the Cusin Volcano
Healing Hotels of the World guests receive a 10% discount.
This package can be combined with a Trip to the Galapagos Islands.
USD 884.- rate for 2 people/per person
USD 1,281.- per person
Kindly note a 10% service charge and 14% IVA tax will be charged additionally.
- Located in the Imbabura province of the Andes Mountains, 100km (60miles) north of Quito, 3000 meters above sea level
- Stunning views of the Imbabura Volcano and Lake San Pablo
- A few minutes from Otavalo and its famous indigenous textile and craft markets, musicians and colourful festivals
- Transportation services to and from Quito and within the Imbabura Province
How to get there
My Sacha Jí is 100 km (60 miles) north of Quito and can be easily reached by private or public transportation.Sacha Jí
Colinas de San Pablo, Calle del Condor, Lote 13
San Pablo, Imbabura