In the 1970s, Brazilian resident Dona Margarida Bornschein Langer travelled to a Swiss clinic with the hope of finding a natural cure to her healthy problems. The result was so profound that she returned to Brazil and established the first medical spa in Brazil – Lapinha Spa.
Forty years on, Lapinha Spa still celebrates the founder’s passion for treating disease through a holstic approach that promotes natural medicine, a connection to nature, spirituality and healthy life habits.
As the first clinic certified by the Mayr-Kur Institute in Brazil, Lapinha Spa specializes in two and three-week detoxification programs based on the Mayr Kur, Bircher Benner and its own Brown Rice method. Lapinha Medicine also offers 5-21 day programs for weight loss, anti-stress, anti-smoking, improving physical fitness and aged care under the expert care of medical doctors, nutritionists and chefs.
Inside Laphina Spa guests are treated to an extensive menu of more than 50 body and beauty treatments that combine natural medicine with hydrotherapy, gastronomy therapy, movement therapy, phytotherapy, physiotherapy, biorhythmic therapy and spiritual practices.
Located on a 550-hectare organic farm surrounded by subtropical forests in the rural municipality of Lapa, Laphina Spa is intimately connected with nature. Here, you have the chance to disconnect from the outside world, slow down and restore your health and energy levels in a peaceful environment.
Guests are encouraged to develop healthy habits and a positive attitude to life through Lapinha Spa’s focus on physical therapy, physical activity and nutrition.
Most of the products used at the Spa are grown and produced on the farm, the organic vegetable garden, orchard, dairy, cheese factory and the organic production centre. Through its Ecovida-accredited organic production line, Laphina Organics, Lapinha Spa also seeks to engage the local community in promoting family farming and the sustainable development of the region’s agricultural industry.
And when it comes to leisurely pursuits, the opportunity to hike through magnificent scenery rich in flora and ancient forests is food for the soul.
«Walking through the rolling hills or trekking through the rainforest to the 1000 years old trees.»
38 rooms including standard rooms, apartments and luxury apartments with views of the gardens, farm and surrounding forest.
SPA & THERAPIES
- SPA Lapinha – 20 private treatment rooms
- Vichy shower
- Multi-purpose, semi-Olympic outdoor swimming pool with 16-metre vertical massage treatment
Lapinha Spa offers an extensive menu of over 50 body and beauty treatments including:
- Massage: relaxation, aromatherapy, lymphatic drainage, detoxification, hot stone therapy, reflexology, Tuina, Watsu, underwater massage, Shiatsu, Thai, connective tissue, Lipo massage, Swedish
- Therapies: physiotherapy, acupuncture, naturopathy, hydrotherapy, gastronomy therapy, movement therapy, phytotherapy, biorhythmic therapy and spirituality
- Massage and treatment packages for: detoxification, relaxation, slimming, anti-stress, anti-smoking, senior citizens, water therapy and improving energy levels.
- Medical checks and nutritional consultancy.
- Beauty treatments.
Using fresh, organic food straight from the farm, garden and orchard to the table, Lapinha Spa offers a lacto-ovo vegetarian diet – rich in vitamins, antioxidants, fiber and minerals – to detoxify and reduce inflammation in the body.
- Options for normal calorie intake, reduced calorie diets (600-1850 calories per day) and detox diets (using the Bircher Benner, Mayr Kur and Brown Rice methods).
- Gluten-free, lactose-free and other dietary restrictions catered for.
- Outdoor activities: ecological walks, Nordic walking, jogging, biking, swimming and Liang Gong
- Indoor activities: dance classes, localized gymnastics, cardiovascular circuit, complete gym, water aerobics, Pilates, personal training
- Tennis and volleyball
- Gardening and cheese making at the farm’s organic production centre
Lapinha Spa is located on a 550-hectare farm surrounded by sub-tropical forests in the rural municipality of Brazil’s Lapa Paraná State.
How to get there:
- By car– Lapinha Spa is located approximately 79 km from Curitiba via the BR 476 to Araucaria.
- By plane – the nearest airport is Curitiba Afonso Pena International Airport. Lapinha Spa offers an airport transfer service for the 85 km journey to the Spa as well as assistance in purchase airline tickets.
- By private plane or helicopter – with take-off from Afonso Pena Airport or Airport Bacacheri in Curitiba.
Estrada da Lapa – Rio Negro, Km 16 – Fazenda Margarida
83.750-000, Lapa, Parana