minimum stay 2 nights
• Complimentary early check-in and late check out (both upon availability)
• Special Extra: 30’ infrared sauna
Inspired by the immensely influential Greek and Chinese healing philosophies, Euphoria Retreat is a holistic wellbeing destination spa steeped in Mediterranean history and culture. Achieving a state of Euphoria is the ultimate goal of the transformational process, embracing the Ancient Hellenic concept of a blissful life.
At the core of Euphoria Retreat’s DNA is the Greek philosophy of Ef Zin – A Mediterranean journey to wellbeing through a balanced life and a healthy spiritual connection.
Euphoria Retreat’s holistic philosophy is enriched by the concept of the five elements – water, wood, fire, earth and metal. The Retreat’s personalized and holistic approach to healing includes carefully created signature treatments and curated experiences that are based on the ancient principles of Asclepia and Hippocratic medicine coupled with Traditional Chinese Medicine and modern scientific advances.
True to its name, Euphoria Retreat is an authentic place of healing and transformation, helping guests on their journey to self-discovery and inner revival. Surrounded by beautiful mountains, lush pine forests, fertile valleys and fields, the luxury retreat is in complete harmony with its natural surroundings and the perfect place to restore physical, emotional, mental and spiritual balance.
Well-rooted in the culture from which it stems, the holistic destination spas’ unique design draws on the monastic, Byzantine architecture of Mystras city – a UNESCO National Heritage site.
Here you have the opportunity to explore ancient Greek culture and philosophy, trek the renowned E4 route around Mount Taygetos or simply luxuriate in the healing energy of Euphoria Retreat and embracing your life’s full potential.
«Imbbeded in a region with many ancient monasteries where spirituality is practised for centuries.»
- 45 spacious rooms and suites with a unique design and breathtaking view, respecting the zen and calming atmosphere with marble bathrooms and wooden furniture. All guestrooms are decorated with a touch of warm colors and luscious textiles, inspired by the iconography of Byzantine Empire, exclusively designed for Euphoria Retreat.
- All rooms are fully equipped with the latest technology
- Disabled access rooms are available
SPA & THERAPIES
- Sphere Pool
- Relaxation Area
- Byzantine Hammam
- Waterwell Kneip Therapy
- Fitness Room
- Yoga & Meditation Hall
- Herbal Steam Bath’s
- Experience Showers
- Cold Plunge Pool
- Speleotherapy-Salt Room
- Pilates & Private Exercise Studio
- Spa and massage therapies
- Holistic medicine treatments
- Five element therapies
- Thai herb treatments
- Energy treatments such as reconnective and Crystal healing
- Hydrotherapy: Kneipp and Watsu therapy
- Anti-stress therapies
- Physical, mental and emotional wellbeing programs
- Emotional and transformational healing sessions with professional support
3GL is a personalized phenotypic health intervention based on nutrition and exercise, developed with Eucrasia, whose name refers to the Eucrasia Experience first defined by Hippocrates. Euphoria Retreat has developed a patented protocol that measures and analyses the body’s levels of glutathione (hence 3GL). In simpler terme, it quantifies the actual needs of your body in fuel antioxidants and cellular protection.
The result will reveal, with 100% accuracy, your individual cellular needs in metabolic regulation and activation, anti-aging, wellness, GLcellular protection and longevity. Your dietary plan can then be adapted to your specified personal needs.
THE “GAIA” RESTAURANT
- Exclusively designed healing menus to restore the optimal function of the body
- Greek and Mediterranean cuisine using healthy and wholesome natural ingredients, fresh herbs, antioxidant-packed spices and essential nutrients
- Spa cuisine including detox, weight-loss, gluten-free and vegetarian menus, as advised by nutrional experts
- Private dining options (dine alone or share your dining experience)
- Panoramic views on the valley and citrus grove while dining on the terrace or under the grapevine in the inner court
A wide range of complimentary daily group Wellness activities are offered aiming to gently restore body, mind and soul and enhance your journey to wellbeing.
- Morning Walks and Trekks in beautiful Taygetus
- Tai Chi
- Mat Pilates
Excursions & Cultural tours to medieval historical landmarks such as Ancient Messene, Arcadia, Olympia, Epidaurus, Mycenae, Monemvasia, all within a couple of hours driving time.
Sea experience for boat trips to nearby islands (including a Yachting experience in Elafonisos), inlets for swimming and other health and fitness related coastal events.
Outdoor activities, such as mountain trekking & fitness activities on foot in Mount Taygetos; part of the E4 trekking route
Other activities such as Visiting the castle of Mystras, Climbing, Diros cave, Rock climbing and swimming
Euphoria Retreat is nestled on the slopes of the Sacred Mt. Taygetos in the fortified medieval city of Mystras (near Sparta) in Peloponnese, Greece.
How to get there
Euphoria Retreat is accessible by:
- Plane – to Athens International Airport or Kalamata International Airport
- Car – 2.5 hours drive from Athens (220km distance) or 50 minutes’ drive from Kalamata (103km distance)