Opening May 2018
Inspired by the immensely influential Greek and Chinese healing philosophies, Euphoria Retreat is a holistic destination spa steeped in Mediterranean history and culture. Achieving a state of Euphoria is the ultimate goal of the transformational process, embracing the Ancient Hellenic concept of a blissful life.
At the core of Euphoria Retreat’s DNA is the Greek philosophy of Ef Zin – A Mediterranean journey to wellbeing through a balanced life and a healthy spiritual connection.
Euphoria Retreat’s holistic philosophy is enriched by the Taoist concept of the five elements – water, wood, fire, earth and metal. The Retreat’s personalized and holistic approach to healing includes carefully created signature treatments and curated experiences that are based on the ancient principles of Asclepia and Hippocratic medicine coupled with Traditional Chinese Medicine and modern scientific advances.
True to its name, Euphoria Retreat is an authentic place of healing and transformation, helping guests on their journey to self-discovery and inner revival. Surrounded by beautiful mountains, lush pine forests, fertile valleys and fields, the luxury retreat is in complete harmony with its natural surroundings and the perfect place to restore physical, emotional, mental and spiritual balance.
Well-rooted in the culture from which it stems, the holistic destination spas’ unique design draws on the monastic, Byzantine architecture of Mystras city – a UNESCO National Heritage site.
Here you have the opportunity to explore ancient Greek culture and philosophy, trek the renowned E4 route around Mount Taygetos or simply luxuriate in the healing energy of Euphoria Retreat and embracing your life’s full potential.
- 43 spacious rooms and suites with a unique design, respecting the zen and calming atmosphere with marble bathrooms and wooden furniture
- All rooms are fully equipped with the latest technology
- Disabled access rooms are available
SPA & THERAPIES
- Pilates and TRX studio
- Yoga and meditation halls
- Circulation Well – hot and cold water
- Indoor and outdoor pools with relaxation areas
- Ottoman/ Byzantine Hamam bath
- Sauna and steam room
- Salt room
- Aromatic showers
- Flotation tank / Watsu pool
- Cold plunge pool
- Spa and massage therapies
- Holistic medicine treatments
- Five element therapies
- Thai herb treatments
- Energy treatments such as reconnective and Crystal healing
- Hydrotherapy: Kneipp and Watsu therapy
- Anti-stress therapies
- Physical, mental and emotional wellbeing programs
- Emotional and transformational healing sessions with professional support
- Exclusively designed healing menus to restore the optimal function of the body
- Greek and Mediterranean cuisine using healthy and wholesome natural ingredients, fresh herbs, antioxidant-packed spices and essential nutrients
- Spa cuisine including detox, weight-loss, gluten-free and vegetarian menus, as advised by nutritional experts
- Private dining options
- Panoramic views on the valley and citrus grove while dining on the terrace or under the grapevine in the inner court
- Mountain hiking and trekking along the E4 trekking route
- Fitness classes
- Exploring local attractions including: Mount Taygetos and the Mystras UNESCO National Heritage site
- Beaches (30 minutes drive away)
Euphoria Retreat is nestled on the slopes of the Sacred Taygetos in the fortified medieval city of Mystras in Peloponnese, Greece.
How to get there
Euphoria Retreat is accessible by:
- Plane – to Athens International Airport or Kalamata International Airport
- Car – 2.5 hours drive from Athens or 50 minutes drive from Kalamata