• All bookings will receive a complimentary copy of Kamalaya’s Reconnect: Inspired Healthy Cuisine per room per stay.
For centuries, Buddhist monks have revered Koh Samui as a sanctuary for spiritual retreat. They say that the island has a special energy that enriches and enlightens their spiritual path and helps them connect more profoundly with the universal energies. Kamalaya Koh Samui aims to offer you the same experience – to honor the sacredness of solitude, discover yourself and share the joy of community.
Integrating holistic medicine and complementary therapies from Eastern and Western traditions, Kamalaya takes a balanced approach to optimal physical, emotional and spiritual wellbeing.
Kamalaya’s wellness programs include solutions for detox, stress and burnout, optimal fitness, healthy lifestyle, weight control, sleep enhancement, emotional balance and Yoga. For a more personalized wellness experience, the Resort’s team of international naturopaths can work with you to create your own health program from the extensive range of holistic medicine, spa and healing therapies available.
Set in a nurturing tropical location, this unique Wellness Sanctuary and Holistic Spa Resort brings together diverse cultural, healing and spiritual traditions with the option to participate in structured wellness programs and inspiring retreats.
At the heart of Kamalaya Koh Samui is a cave once inhabited by Buddhist monks for meditation and retreat. The tradition of these monks continues at this Healing Hotel with the Monk’s Cave always open for guests to enter this space for quiet contemplation and meditation.
Beyond the Monk’s Cave, the aura of sacred energy extends to the physical beauty of the land. Surrounded by lush, tropical vegetation and cascading streams overlooking an idyllic lagoon and white sand beaches, this tranquil healing hideaway was carefully designed to nurture and reconnect you with nature through all of your senses.
«After a healing treatment, enjoy the unique bird’s eye view of the blue sea from the relaxation room.»
- 75 rooms and suites – ranging from cozy hillside rooms to spacious suites, beachfront and pool villas
SPA & THERAPIES
- Herbal steam cavern, plunge pools, far infrared sauna, Yoga pavilion and Yoga sala
- Shakti fitness center
- Massage: Chi Nei Tsang (Taoist abdominal massage), Lymphatic Drainage Therapy, Thai massage, Asian Foot Massage
- Body treatments: Oriental Detoxifying Scrub and Wrap, colonic hydrotherapy
- Special programs: Life-enhancement pograms and retreats for detox, rejuvenation, relaxation and renewal, weight loss, Yoga Synergy
- Individual consultations: Ayurveda, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Homeopathy, Naturopathy, Western Medicine, nutritional evaluation, bio-impedance analysis
- Soma restaurant and Amrita café
- Fusion of East and West culinary traditions
- Healthy inspired cuisine – using fresh, tropical and, where possible, organic produce, the menus include extensive vegetarian options as well as seafood, poultry and lamb dishes
- Detox Cuisine featuring low inflammatory, low allergenic and low GI vegetarian dishes
- Holistic fitness classes including: Yoga, Tai Chi, Qi Gong, Pilates, beach walks, kayaking
- Personal training and fitness evaluations
- Monthly calendar of special events including performances, concerts, workshops and group retreats (Yoga, art therapy and more)
- Conference and meeting facilities for up to 100 delegates
- Located on the tropical island of Koh Samui overlooking the pristine coastline and outlying islands.
How to get there
- By Air – to Koh Samui from Bangkok, Phuket, Singapore and direct Hong Kong/ Samui/ and Kuala Lumpur/Samui flights
- Airport transfers from Samui Airport can be organised by the Resort
Koh Samui, Suratthani 84140