• Apothecary’s Herbal Teas Selection
Silence, beauty and harmony in a calm environment of simple comforts are the essence of Le Monastère des Augustines’ approach to healing. For nearly four centuries the Augustinian Sisters devoted themselves to caring for body and soul.
Today, Le Monastère des Augustines offers a unique concept blending culture, tradition and holistic health within an authentic and calming Heritage setting.
With a focus on balancing the mind, body, spirit and emotions, Le Monastère des Augustines invites you to explore time honored and modern forms of care with all-inclusive packages for: relaxation and renewal, sleep regeneration and wellness, energy and vitality, discovery and balance. Healthy menus, specialized treatments and daily activities including cultural experience and the option of post-stay follow-up are all part of the offering.
A haven of peace and serenity in the heart of the Heritage-listed Old Quebec city, Le Monastère des Augustines is the site of the first hospital north of Mexico. Now a Heritage site dedicated to total health, the historic buildings harmoniously coexist with the contemporary architecture and also adhere to the principles of sustainable development.
From breakfasts in silence, to ambling through the vast gardens and museum dedicated to the building’s history – this is a rare opportunity to unwind and connect directly with the Augustinian Sisters’ remarkable heritage.
Open to people of all cultures and beliefs, Le Monastère des Augustines approaches spirituality from a historical and cultural perspective. While no form of worship is held within the walls of Le Monastère, all guests are free to live and reconnect with their spirituality in their own personal and private way.
Le Monastere des Augustines further created the Holistic Health Innovation Hub, which is a physical and virtual collaborative space which offers intervention and research projects to individuals and organizations. It is meant to be an actual living laboratory open to targeted clienteles, who will partake in different initiatives aiming to promote sustainable health for citizens, both collectively and as individuals. Within the near future, it will also offer a virtual platform whose purpose is to aggregate credible information, ensure the transmission of health knowledge, and help citizens connect with each other beyond the walls of the Monastère.
«We loved the contemplative atmosphere, the historic feeling, the peace and quiet, the wholesome and tasty food as well as the beautiful chapel.»
The former cloister has been carefully restored into 65 experiential rooms, including:
- 33 Authentic Rooms – restored in the spirit of monasticism with antique furniture and modern standards of comfort;
- 32 Contemporary Rooms – modern rooms redesigned in harmony with the heritage of the site.
SPA & THERAPIES
- Massage and bodywork: Relaxation and renewal, energy and vitality massage, deep therapeutic massage, neuro-energetic massage, essential oil / aromatherapy, sports massage, reflexology, postural health
- Holistic health consultations: Health evaluations, personalized nutrition consultation, post-stay follow up (by phone or Skype)
- All-inclusive packages
- Restaurant offering a healthy and varied menu based on the principles of mindful eating
- Raw and vegetarian dishes, as well as fish, poultry and meat available
- Local, organic and seasonal ingredients used wherever possible
- Daily and weekly schedule of workshops, lectures, concerts, coaching and personalized care sessions
- Yoga and Pilates
- Relaxation and meditation sessions
- Movement, breath and posture sessions
- Other activities: mandalas, films, guided walks
- Archives Centre and Museum Reserve – a priceless heritage collection of the Augustinian Sisters’ 12 monastery-hospitals
- Conference and meeting facilities for up to 150 delegates (11 rooms)
- Le Monastère des Augustines is part of the Hôtel-Dieu de Québec monastery – a historic complex that is one of the most important classified Heritage sites within historic Old Quebec (which is itself a Heritage site).
How to get there
- Québec City Jean Lesage International Airport (15 min. from the airport to the hotel)
75, rue des Remparts
Québec (Québec) G1R 3R9