Silence, beauty, and harmony in a calm environment of simple comforts are the essences of Le Monastère des Augustines’ approach to healing. For nearly four centuries the Augustinian Sisters devoted themselves to caring for body and soul.
With a focus on balancing the mind, body, spirit, and emotions, Le Monastère des Augustines invites you to explore time-honored and modern forms of care with all-inclusive packages for relaxation and renewal, sleep regeneration and wellbeing, energy and vitality, discovery and balance. Healthy menus, specialized treatments and daily activities including cultural experience and the option of post-stay follow-up are all part of the offering.
„Today, Le Monastère des Augustines offers a unique concept blending culture, tradition and holistic health within an authentic and calming Heritage setting. “
- Stress Release
- Sleep Therapy
A haven of peace and serenity in the heart of the Heritage-listed Old Quebec city, Le Monastère des Augustines is the site of the first hospital on the American continent north of Mexico. Now a Heritage site dedicated to total health, the historic buildings harmoniously coexist with contemporary architecture and also adhere to the principles of sustainable development.
From breakfasts in silence to ambling through the vast gardens and museum dedicated to the building’s history – this is a rare opportunity to unwind and connect directly with the Augustinian Sisters’ remarkable heritage.
Open to people of all cultures and beliefs, Le Monastère des Augustines approaches spirituality from a historical and cultural perspective. While no form of worship is held within the walls of Le Monastère, all guests are free to live and reconnect with their spirituality in their own personal and private way.
Features & Benefits
The former cloister has been carefully restored into 65 experiential rooms, including:
- 33 Authentic Rooms – restored in the spirit of monasticism with antique furniture and modern standards of comfort
- 32 Contemporary Rooms – modern rooms redesigned in harmony with the heritage of the site
- Restaurant offering a healthy and varied menu based on the principles of mindful eating
- Raw and vegetarian dishes, as well as fish, poultry, and meat available
- Local, organic and seasonal ingredients used wherever possible
Healing Programs & Retreats
- Daily and weekly schedule of workshops, lectures, concerts, coaching, and personalized care sessions
- Yoga and pilates
- Relaxation and meditation sessions
- Movement, breath and posture sessions
- Guided walking meditation
- Archives center and museum reserve – a priceless heritage collection of the Augustinian Sisters’ 12 monastery-hospitals
- Conference and meeting facilities for up to 150 delegates (11 rooms)
Healing & Spa
Healing Therapies & Treatments
- Le Monastère des Augustines’ team of professionals offers a wide range of services in total health. Delivered in private, within Le Monastère’s peaceful and inspiring setting, each is also available as part of our packages.
- Different types of massages for 15, 30, 60 and 90 minutes (vitality, balance, pre-natal, comfort, lymphatic drainage, onco-massage, aroma massage, chair massage, feet or hands massage, reflexology & energizing Neuro-Bed)
- Personalized guidance includes tools and advice on nutrition as well as at-home follow-up to help you achieve your goals: holistic health consultation, nutrition consultation, Post-Stay Follow-up.
Dr. Elisabeth Ixmeier
Founder & CCO
We loved the contemplative atmosphere, the historic feeling, the peace and quiet, the wholesome and tasty food as well as the beautiful chapel.
- Le Monastère des Augustines is part of the Hôtel-Dieu de Québec monastery – a historic complex that is one of the most important classified Heritage sites within historic Old Quebec (which is itself a Heritage site).
Request now without obligation.
Your booking request is non-binding and your data will be safe with us.
Booking Request: Le Monastère des Augustines
per Night / per Room
Similar hotels that you might like:
Ayurveda is in the name because it inspires everything they do, from the surroundings to the food to the treatments.
Embracing the ancient culture of Greece, Euphoria Retreat’s approach to healing is based on Hippocratic medicine, TCM and modern science.
A medical healing resort immersed in tropical nature, The Farm at San Benito specializes in combating modern lifestyle diseases and stress.
Housed in a maharadja palace in northern India, Ananda in the Himalayas offers a healing approach that combines Yoga, Ayurveda and Vedanta.
Mayada Healing Hotel is a resort and spa that supports inner and outer beauty, health and wellbeing.
Shou Sugi Ban House is an intimate healing retreat located in the beautiful Hamptons and inspired by the healing powers of nature.