Located in the heart of a 180-acre living rainforest 4,000 meters above sea level in southern India, Vivanta by Taj – Madikeri is a “green at heart” sanctuary offering luxury Ayurveda Panchakarma and Yoga retreats.
For the ideal retreat, Vivanta by Taj’s four and seven-night Yoga and Panchakarma packages include everything from a Satvik lunch and Yoga kit to Ayurveda treatments (like Udvartana, Abhyanga and Mukhalepa), and a soak in a traditional wood-fired Gudda bath.
„Vivanta by Taj – Madikeri’s approach to healing is rooted in the indigenous healing traditions of India with all-inclusive packages including food, Yoga, chanting and meditation, Ayurveda treatments, medicines and spiritual discourses.“
With views out across the rainforest canopy as far as the eye can see and a design flair that exudes barefoot luxury, Vivanta by Taj – Madikeri is the perfect place to lose yourself to find yourself.
From this secluded luxury retreat, immerse in an authentic southern Indian experience with everything from Ayurvedic treatments, to cooking classes in traditional local cuisine and the signature Jiva Grande Spa experience – the Gudda Bath – that draws from the local ethos of Coorg and is still found in traditional households of the region.
With Vivanta by Taj’s unique ‘motif’ experiences, you can also unlock the secrets of the rainforest with a naturalist insider, delve into clay therapy at the resort’s own Pottery studio, and ruminate in the Buddha garden. Cozy up beside the fireplace or step outside to explore the natural beauty and cultural heritage of India’s second-largest Tibetan settlement.
Features & Benefits
- 57 rooms, 5 luxury villas and 1 Presidential Suite
- Designed to be at one with nature with forest views from every room
- Conference & meeting facilities
4 restaurants & bar:
- Dew – wellbeing cuisine
- Nellaki – specializing in the regional food of Coorg
- Fern Tree – multi-cuisine, all-day dining
- Poolside grill
- Yoga, meditation & spiritual discourses
- Fitness center & personal training
- Pottery and Clay Studio – pottery workshops and Artists@Residence Programs with ceramic artists
- Golf & golf lessons, nature trails & bird watching
- Organic herb / kitchen garden walk, coffee tasting & cooking lessons
- Muddy Boots adventure experience – rainforest walks, off-road biking, ravine crossing, zip-line, camping and astronomy
- Tours to local attractions: Bylakuppe Tibetan Monastery (the second largest Tibetan settlement in India), Talacauvery (the source of the Cauvery River), Dubare Elephant Camp, Abbey Falls, Irrupu Falls
- Activity center with X-Box gaming, billiards, virtual golf, Play stations and board games
Healing & Spa
- Jiva Grand Spa & Beauty salon
- Fitness /Activity Center & outdoor pool
Healing Therapies & Treatments
- Signature beauty & wellbeing experiences
- Indian therapies
- Ayurveda journeys & Panchakarma detox programs
- Yoga & meditation retreats – 4 & 7-night packages available
- Gudda Bath – traditional wood-fired bath experience
Dr. Elisabeth Ixmeier
Founder & CCO
When entering the lobby, you are greeted with capacious views of the forests and mountains surrounding you.
Located in the heart of a living forest near the hill station town of Madikeri in Karnatake State, southern India.
Mysore Airport: 99 km
Bajpe Airport: 110 km
Request now without obligation.
Your booking request is non-binding and your data will be safe with us.
Booking Request: Vivanta By Taj – Madikeri, Coorg
per Night / per Room
Similar hotels that you might like:
Housed in a maharadja palace in northern India, Ananda in the Himalayas offers a healing approach that combines Yoga, Ayurveda and Vedanta.
With the appearance of a royal palace, Taj Mahal Palace Mumbai is an urban Healing Hotel that draws on the healing heritage of India.
Span Resort and Spa, located in the Indian Himalayas and surrounded by nature’s purest beauty, offers authentic healing experiences.