• Early check-in/late check-out OR Upgrade to the next category (subject to availability)
Located in the heart of a 180 acre living rainforest 4,000 metres above sea level in southern India, Vivanta by Taj – Madikeri is a “green at heart” sanctuary offering luxury Ayurveda Panchakarma and Yoga retreats.
Vivanta by Taj – Madikeri’s approach to healing is rooted in the indigenous healing traditions of India with all-inclusive packages including food, Yoga, chanting and meditation, Ayurveda treatments, medicines and spiritual discourses.
For the ideal retreat, Vivanta by Taj’s four and seven-night Yoga and Panchakarma packages include everything from a Satvik lunch and Yoga kit to Ayurveda treatments (like Udvartana, Abhyanga and Mukhalepa), and a soak in a traditional wood-fired Gudda bath.
With views out across the rainforest canopy as far as the eye can see and a design flair that exudes barefoot luxury, Vivanta by Taj – Madikeri is the perfect place to lose yourself to find yourself.
From this secluded luxury retreat, immerse in an authentic southern Indian experience with everything from Ayurvedic treatments, to cooking classes in traditional local cuisine and the signature Jiva Grande Spa experience – the Gudda Bath – that draws from the local ethos of Coorg and is still found in traditional households of the region.
With Vivanta by Taj’s unique ‘motif’ experiences you can also unlock the secrets of the rainforest with a naturalist insider, delve into clay therapy at the resort’s own Pottery studio, and ruminate in the Buddha garden. Cosy up beside the fireplace or step outside to explore the natural beauty and cultural heritage of India’s second largest Tibetan settlement.
«When entering the lobby, you are greeted with capacious views of the forests and mountains surrounding you.»
- 57 rooms, 5 luxury villas and 1 Presidential Suite
- Designed to be at one with nature with forest views from every room
- Conference & meeting facilities
SPA & THERAPIES
- Jiva Grand Spa
- Fitness Centre
- Beauty salon
- Outdoor pool
- Activity centre
- Signature beauty and wellness experiences
- Indian therapies
- Ayurveda journeys and Panchakarma detox programs
- Yoga and meditation retreats – 4 and 7-night packages available
- Gudda Bath – traditional wood-fired bath experience
4 restaurants & bar:
- Dew – wellness cuisine
- Nellaki – specializing in the regional food of Coorg
- Fern Tree – multi-cuisine, all-day dining
- Poolside grill
- Yoga and meditation
- Spiritual discourses
- Fitness centre
- Personal training
- Pottery and Clay Studio – pottery workshops and Artists@Residence Programs with ceramic artists
- Golf & golf lessons
- Nature trails & bird watching
- Organic herb / kitchen garden walk
- Coffee tasting
- Cooking lessons
- Muddy Boots adventure experience – rainforest walks, off-road biking, ravine crossing, zip-line, camping and astronomy
- Tours to local attractions: Bylakuppe Tibetan Monastery (the second largest Tibetan settlement in India), Talacauvery (the source of the Caucery River), Dubare Elephant Camp. Abbey Falls, Irrupu Falls
- Activity center with X-Box gaming, billiards, virtual golf, Play stations and board games
Located in the heart of a living forest near the hill station town of Madikeri in Karnatake State, southern India.
How to get there
- By plane – to Mysore Airport (99 kms away) or Bajpe Airport (110 km away). Airport transfers to / from the resort are available.
- By bus – to Madikeri, Coorg. Madikeri is well-connected to other major Indian cities.
1st Monnageri, Galibeedu Post
Madikeri, Coorg 571 201 Karnataka