• Early check-in, late check-out
• From 5 nights: addional trip to Rishikesh to view ‘Ganga Aarti’
• From 7 nights: additional trip to Rishikesh to view ‘Ganga Aarti’ and personalised Ayurveda cooking demo with Chef OR Navgrah Puja (ritual offered to nine planets)
“I traveled the length and breadth of India in the search for the perfect location that would embody the soul of Ananda. I finally found it at the foothills of the Himalayas, the birthplace of yoga, where people have visited for centuries to be healed and to find rest and rejuvenation. I wanted Ananda to be one thing, and one thing only – a holistic wellness retreat for body, mind and soul.
I stuck to ancient Indian virtues, where holistic living was a way of life: back when people understood the balance of nature, the ways of the universe and how the elements affected not just physical health, but also mental wellbeing. It was always clear to me, that if people achieved harmony within, they would be at peace.
This is the very philosophy, that brought Ananda into being, believing that each individual is unique. Yoga, Ayurveda and Vedanta (a philosophy of life) make up the pillars of Ananda. Another vital aspect is the cuisine – our ancesters believed that the way and what we eat largely contributes to a healthy life, and is an important part of wellness. All this, combined is our recipe for Ananda’s holistic wellness.” Ashok Khanna, founder of Ananda in the Himalayas
It is hard to put the Ananda experience into words, but what it comes down to is: you will feel like a king or queen in the maharadja palace, immerse into ancient Indian healing practices, experience an environment and energy that is nowhere else to be found, become part of the warm-hearted Ananda family and leave balanced, energetic – and deeply enchanted. Ananda integrates Ayurveda, yoga and Vedanta with international wellbeing experiences, fitness and healthy organic cuisine. All therapies, activity programs and diets are custom-made and designed to meet individual health goals and needs in regards to detoxification, deep relaxation, anti-aging, de-stress, fitness or weight loss with guidance and support all along the way towards a healthier, transformed lifestyle.
«If you love yoga, meditation and Ayurvedic nutrition and programs you have to go to Ananda. (Ananda means "bliss")»
- 70 rooms with garden, valley or palace view
- 4 suites with private garden and valley or palace view
- 3 luxury villas, 40 sqm., private pool
SPA & THERAPIES
25.000 sq. ft. spa facility, 24 treatment rooms, gym, outdoor temperature -controlled swimming pool, hydrotherapy facilities, saunas
80 body and beauty treatments, Ayurveda, reiki, hydrotherapy, massages, aromatherapy, hot stone, reflexology, crystal therapy
Ananda’s Ayurvedic therapy programmes are prescribed by the resident physician after a detailed consultation, which specifies daily routines, diet and wellness activities.
- Ayurvedic cuisine according to body type
- Fresh, natural foods, low in fat and calories
- Emphasis on whole grains, fresh fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, low-fat dairy products
- Vegan, vegetarian
- Avoiding added or artificial salts, colors, flavors or preservatives
- Show kitchen, kitchen classes
- Private dining possible at spectacular venues
Aqua fitness, cooking classes, golf, gym, meditation, rafting, swimming, squash, trekking, yoga
Vedanta, the ancient Indian philosophy which answers the fundamental questions of life. Vedanta designs the pursuit of happiness through logical and systematic exposition of eternal truths.
Also: Special workshops with visiting masters in different areas of wellbeing
Northern India, lush landscapes, foothills of the Himalayas, 100 acre maharaja palace estate, overlooking the spiritual town of Rishikesh and the Ganges river valley.
How to get there
- By air:
- 45 mins. from Delhi International Airport to Jolly Grant Airport, Dehradun (Jet Airways, Spice Jet, Air India operate daily)
- By car:
- From Jolly Grant Airport, Dehradun: 40 min.
- From Haridwar: 1,5 hours
- From Dehli: 7-8 hours, depending on traffic, not recommended
- Please note: pick-up and drop-off transfers from and to the railway station and airport can be provided
- By train:
- 4,5 hours from Delhi to Haridwar (trains operate daily, schedule on: irctc.co.in)
- By helicopter:
- Ananda can organize helicopter transfers from Delhi (approx. 2 hours) and other locations.
The Palace Estate
Narendra Nagar, Tehri - Garhwal
Uttaranchal - 249175