According to Aboriginal Australian legend, Byron Bay has been a sacred healing ground for more than 20,000 years. Now known as the ‘spiritual and healing capital of Australia’, this beautiful part of the world is also home to one of Australia’s most loved lifestyle retreats – Gaia Retreat & Spa.
Meaning ‘Spirit of Mother Earth’, Gaia Retreat & Spa offers guests the ultimate choice and flexibility to create their own bespoke experience.
A haven of tranquility – with no phones, limited WiFi access, no smoking and no children under 16 – Gaia Retreat & Spa is the perfect place to refocus, rebalance and truly restore with tailormade packages, exquisite organic food, and a diverse range of services and activities delivered by a close-knit team of experienced wellness professionals.
Co-founded by Olivia Newton-John in 2005, Gaia Retreat & Spa offers a unique blend of the ‘Byron Bay lifestyle’, natural beauty, sustainable design, boutique accommodation and personalised pampering.
Every day at this luxury boutique resort starts with a gentle restorative Yoga class and the option of two or more daily activities. From physical pursuits including boxing, fitness training and beautiful nature walks, to meditation and organic cooking classes, clay sculpture and pampering spa treatments – you get to choose how you want to enjoy your time out.
And from its position at the highest point of the Byron Hinterland, Gaia Retreat & Spa offers breathtaking views to nurture you on your personal journey – whether it’s to recharge, de-stress, lose weight, detox, get fit or simply reconnect with your relaxed, inner self.
«Olivia Newton-John found that magical place - which was sacred once to the indigenous people - when she was looking for a healing spot for herself and her family. The healing energy that comes from the earth is perfectly implemented in all the programs, from yoga to the delicious menus.»
- Intimate boutique retreat with 23 rooms, cabins, premium cabins and suites
- Conference facilities for 40 people
SPA AND THERAPIES
- Amala Day Spa, 10 treatment rooms, sauna
- Products: Australian-made natural products – Sodashi and Uspa
- Acupuncture, anti-stress, anti-burnout, aromatherapy, craniosacral, emotional balance, energy therapy, graceful aging, holistic health consultancy, hot stone, indigenous healing techniques, lymphatic drainage, massages, naturopathic consultations, reflexology, reiki, sauna / steam bath, Shiatsu, sound therapy, Tai Chi / Qi Gong
- Organic, locally-sourced produce, own organic garden, vegetarian, vegan, special dietary needs are fully catered for
- Gourmet meals, snacks, juices and teas are all inclusive
- Nutritional consultancy, weight loss cuisine
- Beach walks, bike rides, bird watching, body balance, boxing, clay sculpture, dolphin and wale watching, fitness, guided bushwalks, gym, informative health and wellbeing presentations and evening talks, jogging, lifestyle coaching, meditation, nature walks, organic cooking classes, Pilates, Qi Gong, stretch classes, spiritual lectures, swimming, Tai Chi, tennis, yoga
How to get there
- 15 minutes from Byron Bay
- less than 30 minutes drive from Ballina Airport*
- approximately 60 minutes from Gold Coast / Coolangatta Airport*
*Complimentary airport transfers included in most packages.Gaia Retreat & Spa
933 Fernleigh Road
Brooklet NSW 2479
Byron Bay Hinterland