The Ion Luxury Adventure Hotel was designed to help you connect with the wild nature of Iceland. This connection to the natural world is expressed in every aspect of the hotel, from the spa with its free-flowing geothermal hot pool and treatments using Icelandic herbs; the food, with its emphasis on local ingredients; and the design and construction of the hotel, which uses sustainable eco-friendly principles and local natural materials.
Explore the rugged natural beauty of the land of fire and ice, then relax and rebalance in Ion’s stunning spa.
The spa has been designed so you can appreciate jaw-dropping views while you enjoy your treatment; then once you’re done, take a soak in the outdoor pool for a full-immersion Icelandic experience. Whether you’re looking for a base for your explorations, or a relaxing luxury hotel and spa experience with the natural world right outside your window, Ion Adventure Hotel is a unique way to reconnect with wild nature.
The Ion Luxury Adventure Hotel is an iconic example of minimalist Icelandic design, set in a stunning landscape. The beautiful building floats high above lava fields, surrounded by mountains and hot springs. The interiors are minimal and stylish, using a mix of natural and recycled materials, including lava, found wood, and Icelandic wool. The rooms are beautiful and comfortable as well as sustainable, with king-size hypoallergenic beds, fair-trade organic linen, private bath with environmentally responsible water saving shower systems, plus the in-room amenities from Soley Organics use Icelandic herbs.
There are stunning views from many of the rooms, but the best views are to be found in the spa and the Northern Lights bar: with glass walls on three sides, it’s the perfect place to enjoy a relaxing drink and watch the skies.
«The scenic setting and magical Northern Lights - and the deep connection to unspoiled nature.»
- 42 rooms, most with views of Thingvellir National Park or Nesjavellir Geothermal Power Plant
- 18 standard rooms
- 24 deluxe rooms
- 2 single sub-parterre rooms
SPA & THERAPIES
- ION Lava Spa
- Outdoor pool fed by continually-flowing geothermal hot spring
- Spa & sauna
- Spa treatments: massages, facials, treatments featuring Icelandic herbs
- Silfra restaurant: modern Icelandic cuisine, created with an emphasis on sustainable, farm-fresh ingredients
- Exploring Thingvellir National Park and Iceland’s Golden Circle route, hiking, hot springs picnics, ice climbing, horseback riding, bird watching, star-gazing, diving, snorkeling, caving, white-water rafting, snowmobile safaris, jeep tours, glacier walks, fly fishing for trout and arctic char.
- Less than an hour’s drive from Reykjavik, ION Luxury Adventure hotel is set among mountains and lava fields close to Thingvellir National Park and the scenic wonders of the Golden Circle route.
How to get there
- Reykjavik Domestic Airport: 44 km
- Keflavik International Airport: 80 km
- Private shuttle service available