• A copy of Diana Stobo’s bestseller book 'Get Naked Fast' included in the 7 days package
In 2014 celebrity chef, best-selling author and health and wellness coach, Diana Stobo, founded The Retreat Costa Rica with the goal to create a transformational wellness center where guests could escape their everyday lives in a nurturing and gentle environment.
The Retreat Costa Rica’s approach to healing is based on six core tenets: stress reduction, cultural involvement, gentle physical activity, spiritual connectedness, self-care and organic clean eating.
Offering a truly transformational experience with 2 to 21-night packages available, The Retreat Costa Rica’s offering starts with food that is designed to heal the body and extends to its daily schedule of activities to build healthy new habits. From daily Yoga, to wellness and cooking classes, Edible Spa treatments and customized packages for anti-stress, detox and weight loss, The Retreat Costa Rica inspires a rebalancing of mind, body and spirit.
From the moment you step onto the property at The Retreat Costa Rica, your wellness journey begins.
A little piece of “Heaven on Earth”, The Retreat Costa Rica inspires healthy living through its daily schedule. Every morning begins with self-guided nature walks and meditation before a ‘morning burst’ of physical activity and a restorative Yoga class. Afternoons include daily wellness classes and Yoga before the Bocas (tapas) at sunset and gathering around the fire pit after dinner.
The Retreat’s holistic approach to wellness is based on a philosophy of clean living through healthy eating. With food as the foundation of The Retreat’s wellness programs cooking classes, visits to organic farms, markets and artisans are an integral part of the guest experience.
Outside of The Retreat, there is also ample opportunity to enjoy a host of nature-based activities including hiking, bird watching, surfing, wind surfing and kite surfing.
- Deluxe and superior rooms, suites and premium multiple-occupancy ‘casitas’
- All accommodation offers views of the Pacific Valley and/or the Pacific Ocean and across the Nicoya Peninsula
- Meeting facilities for up to 100 delegates
SPA & THERAPIES
- Organic Spa
- Yoga House overlooking the Pacific Valley
- Swimming pool
- Sauna, steam room and jacuzzi
- Gymnasium with TRX, aerial Yoga, elliptical and standard gym equipment
- Spa and beauty treatments using Raw Botanicals
- Edible Spa treatments: body scrubs and organic facials
- Massage: ‘Heaven on Earth’ signature relaxing massage, deep tissue, lymphatic drainage, hot volcanic stone, bamboo, aromatherapy
- ‘The Power of Gold’ slimming mineral body wraps
- Reiki and energy therapy
- Lifestyle coaching
- Signature 2-21 night retreat packages: Reset and Rejuvenate, Revive and Renew, Detox
- Boca Dulce – al fresco dining with ‘Tico Fresh’ cuisine and an anti-inflammatory diet (gluten free, dairy free and no refined sugars)
- Healthy “farm to fork” meals, vegetarian, vegan and raw options
- Teaching kitchen offering classes in raw food preparation, herbal medicine making, fermenting, juicing and sprouting
- Daily yoga and meditation
- Daily nature walks
- Daily wellness classes
- Cooking workshops
- Dance lessons
- Bird watching
- Gym and fitness training
- Windsurfing and kite surfing
- Community Room with board games, book and movie library
- Excursions to local attractions and activities including: artisan chocolate tastings, organic coffee farm tours, trips to organic farmer and artisan markets, beach days with surf lessons and boat trips, zip line adventures.
TRANSFORM IN 7 DAYS
Our 7 Night Package will transform your body completely. You can bet you will lose noticeable weight and toxins, your skin will brighten, your body will be pain free, your bloat and discomfort will subside. Your mind will be clearer and better able to focus and stressful situations easier to handle. Disconnect and Transform is exactly what you need to learn new habits, enjoy the feeling of lightness, reconnect with your body completely and take a whole new you home.
- Beautiful luxurious accommodations in a heavenly healing environment
- All Meals, “Tico Fresh” Cuisine
- Daily Morning and afternoon Yoga Class
- Daily Fruit Snacks in the Morning
- Daily Bocas and Smoothies in the Sunset
- Full access to GYM, Vapor Room, SPA Facilities
- Three Mid-morning Wellness Workshop
- 60 Minute Healing Massage and Scrub Per Person
- Hike to Forest Municipal
- A trip to the feria-local farmers market (dates permitting)
- Diana Stobo’s bestseller book Get Naked Fast
from USD 430 / night
The Retreat Costa Rica is nested on a crystal mountain with stunning views over lush mountains and the Pacific Ocean.
How to get there
The Retreat Costa Rica is accessible by:
- Plane – to Juan Santa Maria International Airport San Jose Airport. Shuttle services area availble for the 30-minute transfer to The Retreat.
- Car – approximately an hour’s drive (45kms) from San Jose via Route 27 motorway.
Altos Del Monte
Atenas, Provincia De Alajuela